Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the most part it was men v boys. Three scored but could have been at least twice that. Four of the Albion starting team making debuts. Five if you include Robertsons return. Positive signs that the second half of the season will not be anywhere as tedious as the first

Clyde looked pedestrian throughout. Ferguson stopped yelling when second went in.......clueless. In my opinion, they will not make playoffs. Barry needs to take his money elsewhere

Easily the worst we have played all season. Never looked like scoring and shaky at the back. The team is completely devoid of any confidence.

No surprise when Stirling took the lead from a looped header into the corner of the net. No surprise that the cross came in from Clyde's right hand side with Johnston having a torrid team at right back. Our young on loan keeper had made a couple of decent saves before the goal but had no chance with the goal. Likewise he had no chance with any of the goals and is the only Clyde player that can be happy with his performance.

Chances were rare for Clyde in the first half, MacDonald was hauled back by Wright while bearing down on goal and was lucky to escape with just a booking. Clyde did have a bit of possession in the last 10 mins of the half and MacDonald setup Gormley with a good chance from about five yards out but Gormley completely mis-hit and it went wide. MacDonald would have been better taking the shot from the edge of the box himself.

Second half started much the same as first with Stirling on top. Bikey's pace was give Johnston and Oliver a lot of bother but even simple long balls were not been cleared leading to some scrambles around the edge of the Clyde box.

Johnston was caught day dreaming for the second goal and by the team he got back in position Bikey cut inside him and scored from the edge of the box. Third goal was a ball into the box from the left hand side of the Clyde defence but with nobody marking Bikey in the box. Clyde also cleared to shots off the line and if Stirling's finishing had been better they could have had a few more.

I have no idea what Ferguson was thinking by persisting with Johnston at right back for the whole game. Why didn't he switch McNeil and Johnston round? I would have kept Flynn in the starting line-up as well.

1 point from 18 is pathetic and surely Ferguson must be thinking of chucking it by now? Failure to beat Montrose at home next week should put it beyond any doubt.

35 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

I see you are conveniently omitting should have been sent off for fouling Peaso when clean through on goal.

He was going away from goal, slightly towards the corner flag, would have been an incredibly harsh red as it wasnt, as the rules state a 'clear goalscoring opportunity'

Easily the worst we have played all season. Never looked like scoring and shaky at the back. The team is completely devoid of any confidence.

No surprise when Stirling took the lead from a looped header into the corner of the net. No surprise that the cross came in from Clyde's right hand side with Johnston having a torrid team at right back. Our young on loan keeper had made a couple of decent saves before the goal but had no chance with the goal. Likewise he had no chance with any of the goals and is the only Clyde player that can be happy with his performance.

Chances were rare for Clyde in the first half, MacDonald was hauled back by Wright while bearing down on goal and was lucky to escape with just a booking. Clyde did have a bit of possession in the last 10 mins of the half and MacDonald setup Gormley with a good chance from about five yards out but Gormley completely mis-hit and it went wide. MacDonald would have been better taking the shot from the edge of the box himself.

Second half started much the same as first with Stirling on top. Bikey's pace was give Johnston and Oliver a lot of bother but even simple long balls were not been cleared leading to some scrambles around the edge of the Clyde box.

Johnston was caught day dreaming for the second goal and by the team he got back in position Bikey cut inside him and scored from the edge of the box. Third goal was a ball into the box from the left hand side of the Clyde defence but with nobody marking Bikey in the box. Clyde also cleared to shots off the line and if Stirling's finishing had been better they could have had a few more.

I have no idea what Ferguson was thinking by persisting with Johnston at right back for the whole game. Why didn't he switch McNeil and Johnston round? I would have kept Flynn in the starting line-up as well.

1 point from 18 is pathetic and surely Ferguson must be thinking of chucking it by now? Failure to beat Montrose at home next week should put it beyond any doubt.

What you on about its been a lot worse :)

Still think the lowland league is out of reach?

As said backed him from start just confirming again I know nothing about football

Ps absolutely no chance he will chuck it

Let's hear from the leaders of our club time for them to say something

We had nothing today not even the basics and as for pj he can go and take Mcniff and Higgins with him. SOS jack Ross 

Why does he keep playing Johnston at RB when he is a waste of space?

Why does he keep starting Matt Flynn on the bench when Higgins is a passenger?

Apart from Peaso, Linton and McNeil the rest of the team range from clueless to inept.

Please walk now Barry, your time is up!

We can all see that Johnston is a nightmare in that position. He can't defend and never puts crosses into the opposition box. What's Frazer McGhee doing these days? 10 x the full back and better going forward. Fergie got rid of him!!!

Higgins plays the number 10 position but hardly touches the ball.
Sprints at defenders but rarely tackles. Waste of space and makes us start a man down. How he gets a game before Flynn I'll never understand.

Gormley is full of energy but is without the talent for this league. Always offside and really hates grass given the way he's always punching it in frustration with his own shitness.

Oh dear Clyde what a woeful performance today, you were very lucky today it was 3-0 not 5 or 6-0 to the Albion. Don't think we will get an easier 3 points at home to a team thinking about the promotion playoffs. Clearly Bikey was a different class today, scored 2 goals and gave the Clyde defence a torrid time he was on the park. Well done too to Ross Kavanagh for scoring today as well, hope its not a serious injury he picked up.

I think today will also put rest to the view that the defensive issues were substantially down to Gibson. Today was the worst defensive performance I've seen from Clyde for a couple of seasons. The issue is more down to having two very poor full backs that invariably allow attackers in behind them. Added to their failure to stop crosses.
Incidently, the two central defenders were shit also.

I was still relatively optimistic prior to today's game but that was woeful. The most concerning thing was that Linton was awful, and McNeil not much better. You know when two of your better players play that badly there's something very wrong.

I wasn't particularly impressed with Stirling in the first half but they got better as the game wore on. Part of that was undoubtedly due to multiple debutantes settling in but also them realising how poor we were at the back. As has been said, we were lucky it wasn't 5 or 6-0 in the end.

Linton looked like he was wearing ice skates. Slipped all over the place. His long throws were poor too. Rarely went to a Clyde head.
McNeil had the full back for pace but rarely used it. Don't know why.
Gormley stopped running at the other full back after his opponent was booked. Don't know why.
McLaughlin has reverted to last year's ponderous negativity.
Not one player won the battle against their opponent.

I was still relatively optimistic prior to today's game but that was woeful. The most concerning thing was that Linton was awful, and McNeil not much better. You know when two of your better players play that badly there's something very wrong.
I wasn't particularly impressed with Stirling in the first half but they got better as the game wore on. Part of that was undoubtedly due to multiple debutantes settling in but also them realising how poor we were at the back. As has been said, we were lucky it wasn't 5 or 6-0 in the end.

The players have zero confidence at the moment and all of them are making mistakes. The lack of fight and communication between the team was very evident today as well.

There are a number of decent players, for this level, in the starting XI and when the above starts happening, it's clear there is issues with the management.

Archived