Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

I think it's absolutely fantastic for some of these lads playing for United. Wether it's the youngsters or the seasoned pros, the may never play in front of a crowd like this ever again.

When these guys are long retired they can look back and say "remember that time i played at Easter Road with the 20,000 looking on". That's when you know you made it.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the stuff dreams are made of, Dom. Be the same for Bonnyrigg in a few weeks. Just a shame it's not at Easter road as they'd have had an even greater experience playing at the biggest and best footballing stadium in the east of Scotland.

United selling 2000 tickets so far for Friday and Hibs shifted 2700 for December's game, excellent effort by both.

It just goes to show that fans are there when there's something to play for. For a Saturday that's a decent turnout never mind a Friday night. The sooner Sevco and Celtic pish aff to the Antarctic League the better

7 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

I think we're all just happy you're bringing a reasonable support through on Friday.  What was it the last time?

Less than 1000 Arabs as we were 8 adrift of Hibs and it was on Sunday 12 on Sky

2 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

So not very much then.  I'm not big on stats but I'm sure Falkirk bring through more than that.

No, no, NO NO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!! Oh god we're going to have them on here talking finances and ticket prices soon. Good job Keith!

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I think it's absolutely fantastic for some of these lads playing for United. Wether it's the youngsters or the seasoned pros, the may never play in front of a crowd like this ever again.

When these guys are long retired they can look back and say "remember that time i played at Easter Road with the 20,000 looking on". That's when you know you made it.

:lol:. Best bit of trolling I have seen on here.

As we approach Friday I am still full of precisely zero confidence for this. Was looking again today at the Hibs squad and I'm pretty certain that they would be a top six side in the Premiership (the amount of dross in the Premiership might help with that). They have a significantly stronger squad than us. With Lennon they, in my opinion, still haven't found the right man. He has relied on his reputation without actually achieving much but will undoubtedly get them promoted this year. Beyond that I wouldn't hold out much hope. 

United at the moment are exactly where we should be in terms of progress under McKinnon. We are a pretty functional side that are usually hard to break down but we haven't played particularly well this season and have relied heavily on Andreu's goals and a few slices of luck. We will still finish in the playoff spots (and I'm fairly confident of 2nd place) but I still don't know if we will have enough to get up at the first time of asking. In saying that, whoever comes down I would fancy our chances against. They will probably have a smaller budget than us and will take a period of adjustment. This time next year United could well be the 'Hibs' of the division, heavy favourites with expectations of winning the title.

I'm heading off to Edinburgh tomorrow for a couple of nights away so whatever happens I will have enjoyed a few nice meals, a few drinks and I will have a near sell-out of a Friday night game to look forward to. 

8 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Just under 1000 tickets left in the home end. Around 100 left in the east stand.

5 hours ago, mackenzie43 said:

Looks like there's less than 1000 left in the home end, which will hopefully sell out come Friday, and if United sell all their tickets, they'll have about 2/3 of the South, leaving around another 1000 for hibs fans. Could be the highest attendance of the season in Scotland, outside the Old Firm :thumsup2 it'll unfortunately be Alba for me

3 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

We've sold over 500 today with only 500 left. Giving them more might have been premature if we keep selling at this rate.

Where are you lot getting your ticket updates from? The Hibs website at 2:21PM today said "less than 1200 home tickets remain."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7134

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Where are you lot getting your ticket updates from? The Hibs website at 2:21PM today said "less than 1200 home tickets remain."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7134

Counting the dots on the ticketing website. The ticket office must have kept some back for the people queuing up so they didn't appear as available online. Looks like the home stands will sell out regardless.

The official site sent out that notification slightly later, now down to the last few seats left. East stand has completely sold out, with the other two probably selling out by tomorrow morning. Shame there doesn't seem to be a contingent plan for the south

16 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Was thinking about getting tickets for this but I've just discovered I'm skint. BBC Alba it is.

Just as well.  You wouldn't feel at home amongst such a large number of football supporters.

The official site sent out that notification slightly later, now down to the last few seats left. East stand has completely sold out, with the other two probably selling out by tomorrow morning. Shame there doesn't seem to be a contingent plan for the south

It's a farce. They beg us every week to go to games then lock out potentially hundreds of fans because they can't be bothered planning segregation in the South.

Archived