Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

United were so defensive last night, 3 holding midfielders by Ray was a terrible decision. Lost the goal in the first 5 minutes ruined what game plan he had. Hibs signing Commons and Humphrey and we've taken a punt on a Danish striker just shows the gap between us. While 4 pts isn't over yet we can't afford to go to 7pts.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
United were so defensive last night, 3 holding midfielders by Ray was a terrible decision. Lost the goal in the first 5 minutes ruined what game plan he had. Hibs signing Commons and Humphrey and we've taken a punt on a Danish striker just shows the gap between us. While 4 pts isn't over yet we can't afford to go to 7pts.

We weren't necessarily too defensive, we just couldn't actually defend and the tactics allowed Hibs the freedom of the wide areas. I would have loved it if we were actually defensive, properly in a Levein-esque 451 brick wall.

A fan and a local junior footballer that both died recently and it was definitely  tragic on both accounts but people shouldn't expect strangers to mourn their death so publicly imo. At one point I stopped clapping for a moment to cheer Cummings on an attack without thinking about it. 

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So why so many green seats amongst the home end? ST holders not being bothered.

Couldn't see that many, those seats have still be paid for. It was up to season ticket holders to tell the ticket office that their seats could be sold for the game if they weren't making it.

Couldn't see that many, those seats have still be paid for. It was up to season ticket holders to tell the ticket office that their seats could be sold for the game if they weren't making it.

There was a fair few

Lot of folk seem surprisingly bothered about us selling out our stands.

The club fucked up giving United the whole South though. Looks like 'The Tangerine Pound' actually cost us money. Still, 19k at a Championship game, I can't grumble about that.

16 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The club fucked up giving United the whole South though. Looks like 'The Tangerine Pound' actually cost us money. Still, 19k at a Championship game, I can't grumble about that.

But Falkirk fans can apparently :lol: 

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

So why so many green seats amongst the home end? ST holders not being bothered.

You see the same thing at Tynecastle. Every week the announcer mentions it's 'another sold out Tynecastle'. Loads of empty seats though. Seat is still sold, even if the person isn't sitting in it.

It is impressive TBF

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The way Hibs sold the stand meant that it looked a bit shit on the TV. I was in the upper tier and couldn't see the large batch of empty seats and the entirely redundant segregation banner on the bottom. I suppose they did it thinking about giving half the stand to home support but it might have looked better on the TV if they just sold the entire lower tier first.

Archived