Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

You're closer to the playoffs at the other end of the table than you are to United.

Just saying.

Not as close as you are though, just saying

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lasted until the 65th minute of that game. The 2nd half was grim viewing. Hibs should go on and win the title comfortably now, Dundee Utd looked dreadful.
Whoever goes up I'd expect a relegation battle next season. The quality of this Championship has dropped markedly this season. 

I'd agree with that. Fans of Premiership clubs were expecting a great game due to media hype and large crowd. Those of us who watch this league regularly realise just how shite it is.

27 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Lasted until the 65th minute of that game. The 2nd half was grim viewing. Hibs should go on and win the title comfortably now, Dundee Utd looked dreadful.

Whoever goes up I'd expect a relegation battle next season. The quality of this Championship has dropped markedly this season. 

Going to stick my ore in here , I think hibs as they are just now could possibly slide into a top 6 place but it would depend on how much of their squad they keep hold off in the summer . 

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Going to stick my ore in here , I think hibs as they are just now could possibly slide into a top 6 place but it would depend on how much of their squad they keep hold off in the summer . 

I think they would be in and around mid/bottom half of the table. Seen them plenty this season and they certainly aren't any great shakes. 

You're as close to StMirren as you are to Hibs now. Think about that.

Not as close as you, think about that

And PS you still can't beat us

That was genuinely the first time I've seen Marvin Bartley have a good game, and what a performance it was. Hard to say if Hibs' total dominance of the midfield was more down to great tactics from Lennon or McKinnon making such a mess of it. Certainly McKinnon did get it wrong, but with Hibs playing that well in midfield would United have had enough to cope with them even if they did set up properly anyway?

Humphrey is going to piss this league.

Managed to get a ticket for this game. Here's a neutral's observation:

Bartley was a machine last night, even in the one or two instances where he lost the ball he was right on the player getting it back.

Humphrey was incredible in the first half, will give any defender the fear when he runs at them. Second half not so much as they made more use of Boyle on the other wing.

For all his goals, Cummings needs to man up. Nearer the end when he lost the ball near the box he gave up, just stood about watched the game from a distance. If he can get that desire to win a ball back in that position he'd be a much better player.

McGinn, according to Lennon, has only been training 20 minutes a day for the past few days after his surgery. Incredible then to see how much he bossed the field when he came on, and his goal was really nicely taken.

Overall though Hibs commanded the game. Second half was a lot slower as Hibs sat back and let United come to them, knowing full well they wouldn't be able to get anything.

Don't think either team should get carried away though. There's a long way to go, and both teams are going to drop points here and there.

That was genuinely the first time I've seen Marvin Bartley have a good game, and what a performance it was. Hard to say if Hibs' total dominance of the midfield was more down to great tactics from Lennon or McKinnon making such a mess of it. Certainly McKinnon did get it wrong, but with Hibs playing that well in midfield would United have had enough to cope with them even if they did set up properly anyway?

Bartley plays better against sides who don't park the bus. Was outstanding last season against hearts in the replay and against rangers when he played. But as soon as a team sits back and he has time and space to play passes he's utterly hopeless. Will be a big player for us next season in the premiership.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Humphrey was playing against Paul Dixon, to be fair. We'd have been better playing a traffic cone at left back.

1 hour ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

:lol: Behave yourself.

If we keep most of this team together, we'll be top six at the very minimum.

If we lose our best players we'll get some big money in. You never know how that kind of rebuilding job will work out but short of signing a whole squad of shite, we'll be absolutely fine.

Archived