Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

2 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

Wind your neck in ffs. Now we do have the utter calamity of two minutes applause four minutes apart. It's daft.

It's hardly an utter calamity now is it.  I personally know Shaun's dad and it's something they (and others) had suggested/requested following his passing from cancer.

Now the fact that some other poor soul has been murdered a few days later has led to separate calls ford the same. 

Yet here we find folk being bothered about having to clap for a total of two minutes out of their day because they re close together!

Either clap or don't nobody is going to take offence if you don't.  But equally don't take offence at those that do.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hardly an utter calamity now is it.  I personally know Shaun's dad and it's something they (and others) had suggested/requested following his passing from cancer.
Now the fact that some other poor soul has been murdered a few days later has led to separate calls ford the same. 
 Yet here we find folk being bothered about having to clap for a total of two minutes out of their day because they re close together!
Either clap or don't nobody is going to take offence if you don't.  But equally don't take offence at those that do.

Maybe not. I probably won't clap, never knew either of the guys concerned, hadn't even heard of them until today. It's not offensive. But it is happening more frequently which I find quite morbid. I'm also hoping a goal is scored during one of these minutes applause, for United obviously.

1 hour ago, Mr Sugden said:

You seem to be the only person taking offence on the subject. Others are simply musing as to whether it's really appropriate to publicly commemorate the passing of people who were essentially *unremarkable strangers. 

* To the majority of those involved in the proposed commemoration, obviously. 

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

You seem to be the only person taking offence on the subject. Others are simply musing as to whether it's really appropriate to publicly commemorate the passing of people who were essentially *unremarkable strangers. 

* To the majority of those involved in the proposed commemoration, obviously. 

Not offended just pointing out two ridiculous statements.  Personally I'd rather we didnt have them but that's more to do with having them for non club related things as opposed to young fans.

Probably being too sensitive on this so this is my last post on the subject.

CMON THE HIBS

Surprised you have slithered your way back on here given your recent attempt at point scoring regarding child abuse claims. When your own fellow dees turn on you, thats usually a good indication that you should stop this internet thing but it appears that you are either too stupid to realise this or perhaps you revel in it?

Archived