Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice there's a campaign amongst Hibs fans for a minute's applause for a fan that died at New Year. The circumstances of his death don't sound great, but the sudden proliferation of these types of things are weirdly morbid in my opinion. Why just not have a minutes applause for every fan that dies? Apparently he was a Bonnyrigg Rose player, more fitting to have it at the cup tie I'd have thought? Seems like it's being done for maximum exposure on live TV. Respects to the family and all, but these things are becoming overkill.

30 minutes ago, Desert Nomad said:

Notice there's a campaign amongst Hibs fans for a minute's applause for a fan that died at New Year. The circumstances of his death don't sound great, but the sudden proliferation of these types of things are weirdly morbid in my opinion. Why just not have a minutes applause for every fan that dies? Apparently he was a Bonnyrigg Rose player, more fitting to have it at the cup tie I'd have thought? Seems like it's being done for maximum exposure on live TV. Respects to the family and all, but these things are becoming overkill.

I don't know enough about any of the individual examples to comment on their merit. Generally speaking though, the minute applauses are getting a bit out of hand.

Half the time, most of the crowd blatantly don't even know who they're applauding. Would like to see us nip this stuff in the bud.

1 hour ago, Desert Nomad said:

Of the opinion of a minutes applause at the last home game of the season for all the fans who've passed on during the course of the season. Rather than one for nearly every fan that dies. Like Alan Stubbs said in his reply to you, most of the time the fans don't know who they're applauding

Think we should only have a minutes applause for former players or those associated with the club. Or cases similar to young Brandon Walker

2 hours ago, Desert Nomad said:

The minutes applause is for a different Shaun.  It's not being done for maximum exposure on TV, do you think he timed his death for just before a live TV game?

2 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Of the opinion of a minutes applause at the last home game of the season for all the fans who've passed on during the course of the season. Rather than one for nearly every fan that dies. Like Alan Stubbs said in his reply to you, most of the time the fans don't know who they're applauding

Think we should only have a minutes applause for former players or those associated with the club. Or cases similar to young Brandon Walker

Absolutely this. If the club wanted to they could maybe produce a commemorative match day programme with some of them listed and maybe some details about who they were (if the families wanted that of course). Could also include former players or staff too.

The minutes applause is for a different Shaun.  It's not being done for maximum exposure on TV, do you think he timed his death for just before a live TV game?

Well done for completely missing the point.

From a Hibs related Twitter account.

Take a look at @HFCTalk's Tweet:

2 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

I heard about one in the 30th minute for the former Bonnyrigg player, now there's one in the 34th for Shaun McKinley. Surely there's not going to be 2 within minutes of eachother?

I imagine that'll be fun. Just finished clapping for what felt like an eternity (always feels much longer than a minute when you're clapping) then having to do it again before your hands have had a chance to recover. Imagine a lot less people will be clapping for the second one

8 minutes ago, Desert Nomad said:

Well done for completely missing the point.

From a Hibs related Twitter account.

Take a look at @HFCTalk's Tweet:

Missed the point?  you said it was being done for exposure on TV, which is obviously nonsense.

Archived