Top of the League Hibernian v Play off hopefuls Dundee Utd

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No confidence for this one, especially considering the last 24 hours (in terms of results and how it might affect confidence). I foresee at least one red card for us, probably Dixon and a defeat to nil. Happy new year.

Despite our last two results against Hibs I can't see us getting anything from this game.  Our poor play was going to catch up with us eventually and the Dumbarton result is proof of that.  Best we can hope for is to avoid a rout, stay injury free and avoid daft cards.  We can then look forward to clawing our way closer to Hibs in subsequent games, hopefully with a couple of new additions to the squad.

I would have gone to this if it were Saturday or even Sunday but not heading through to Edinburgh on a Friday night, nonetheless I think United will take a decent support.

Guest DAVIDB69

The third game live between these two this season and on a third different channel , doubt that has ever happened before

With McGinn hopefully back in the squad, and potentially Fyvie, I'm confident for this game. Cummings seems to be back into some form, and with the arrival of Humphrey, that will give us a different edge. I've said it about most of our home games this season, if we score early enough we could grab 3/4. However the later we leave it, and if United keep it tight, it'll give them the chance to sneak a goal, i.e. what happened home to Falkirk and Raith. Along with a big crowd hopefully in the 17k region, we'll go on to win 3-1. 

1 hour ago, banana said:

Hibs are fucking gash, but we're still short of our best fullbacks, probably no Andreau, and still no striker to speak of.

2-0 United.

45 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Andreu away back to Norwich? Or was he with you for the season?

According to ArabZone he missed Dumbarton with a rib injury but McKinnon said they were 50/50 on playing him or not. Hopefully means he is fit enough to play on Friday.

Genuinely have a lot of respect for United and the way they have rebuilt since being relegated in such horrendous circumstances only a matter of months ago. Obviously want us to win this league but it would be nice to see them come up in the playoffs. Proper club with good fans, hope they bring a decent number down to Easter Road on Friday

Archived