Declan Gallagher

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What crime would someone have to commit not to be signed by Livingston? Ethnic cleansing, holding on to a shot?

In seriousness, the guy's done his time and taken his punishment. Don't think it should be up to the public to decide folk need more punishment by not being able to get employment again.

I've nothing against people getting a second chance, and as has been said (in other instances as well), if the same legal system which punished him now considers him fit to re-enter free society, then that's that.  No good would come of him not being able to work - though he could, I'm sure, find himself another job without the same kind of public scrutiny.  It's his choice.

Still, Livvy - like many other clubs - struggle to get meaningful support from their local community.  For all that they're doing well on the park this season, their crowds remain stubbornly low.  It might be worthwhile for them to consider whether the general reluctance of the town and West Lothian generally to embrace and support the club has at least something to do with the seemingly constant parade of shysters and dodgy characters passing through Almondvale.  This isn't intended as a dig.  Livvy aren't traditional rivals for my club, and I don't care about them enough to try a wind-up.  I genuinely think they have an image problem, it's holding them back, and this kind of signing isn't going to help.  How does that match up to the short-term effects of having an apparently good player in the squad?  

19 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

I've nothing against people getting a second chance, and as has been said (in other instances as well), if the same legal system which punished him now considers him fit to re-enter free society, then that's that.  No good would come of him not being able to work - though he could, I'm sure, find himself another job without the same kind of public scrutiny.  It's his choice.

Still, Livvy - like many other clubs - struggle to get meaningful support from their local community.  For all that they're doing well on the park this season, their crowds remain stubbornly low.  It might be worthwhile for them to consider whether the general reluctance of the town and West Lothian generally to embrace and support the club has at least something to do with the seemingly constant parade of shysters and dodgy characters passing through Almondvale.  This isn't intended as a dig.  Livvy aren't traditional rivals for my club, and I don't care about them enough to try a wind-up.  I genuinely think they have an image problem, it's holding them back, and this kind of signing isn't going to help.  How does that match up to the short-term effects of having an apparently good player in the squad?  

Hey, if we wins leagues and cups people will 100% come back right...? exactly.. scary stuff.

You've hit the nail on the head. Livi have a hard enough time with the two Edinburgh clubs and the Ugly Sisters to contend with in the town, like many clubs in the Scottish lower leagues. Having an awful public image is counter-productive on a very large scale.

Archived