May Election Thread

Baxter Parp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SNP landslide central belt and urban areas. Torys elsewhere.
Close thread

Undoubtedly Labour will be horsed but I very much doubt there will be many councils that will return majority control for parties.

The horse trading afterwards will be the fun part.  My old stomping ground South Ayrshire will be as interesting as it gets.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/labour-rebranded-aberdeen-labour-ahead-of-local-elections/

I really hope the people of Aberdeen kick these arseholes out of power in May.  

Under 'description' on the ballot paper you are restricted to six words so "We have nothing to do with Corbyn or Dugdale, honestly, Labour" is out of the question.

1 minute ago, philyerboots said:

Says a lot  more about the SNP , that  previous labour voters are now turning to the Tories

I'd hazard a guess that over the last 10 years the majority of Labour voters have turned to the SNP hence why the SNP are polling 47% in a country that has always voted Labour. Quite simple logic. Of course there will be ardent unionists within the previous Labour voter bracket who'll follow whichever party flies the biggest union jack.

On 30 December 2016 at 12:05, Bishop Briggs said:

The SNP are the dominant party at all levels of Government. Why should Scottish Labour concentrate on attacking a party that has no chance of winning power? 

Labour's problem is that the party is not fit for office. It will be in even bigger trouble once the Corbynistas get started on the deselections.

Corbyn has strengthened his power this year after the attempted coup failed. His supporters see the Blairites and the soft left as their real enemy.

Barring major scandals or catastrophes, Labour will be stuffed for at least 10 years. 

1) Scottish Labour voted 70% against Corbyn

2) Not be much chance of deselecting Labour MPs in Scotland.

The public has already did that.

Archived