May Election Thread

Baxter Parp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's disturbing is that there is a significant number voting Tory despite their appalling policies.

I think it's vitak in the next 5 weeks for the SNP to go on the attack about what these bastads stand for.

Davidson is getting away with this cuddly Tory image - she and her party need to be exposed for the back-flipping vermin they are.

Right. That would be much more sensible that setting up the June 8 election as as a de facto independence referendum. Because, if these local elections are playing out on those grounds...

As I said over on the GE thread:

I'm not overly worried about the Tory gains reflecting on next month's vote for 3 main reasons

1) Council elections will have a much smaller turnout than a General Election

2) It seems the SNP have fielded too many candidates in a lot of areas, causing preference votes to be split

3) The General Election FPTP system is much less open to tactical voting than STV

I tell a lie, it's between SNP and Labour but should see SNP take a majority again in Dundee. My ward elected 2 SNP, a labour and an independent.

Right. That would be much more sensible that setting up the June 8 election as as a de facto independence referendum. Because, if these local elections are playing out on those grounds...

One side has played the council elections on the constitutional issues north and south of the border and has reaped the benefits of it lol. Have you seen any of the campaign literature? The only party literature I received that discussed the referendum was the Tories.

The SNP and Greens are doing well in Edinburgh. quitegood.png

Perhaps a number of no-voting remainers are shifting towards supporting independence in the city?

3 minutes ago, Johnny Däpp said:

On the current totals, Labour down 30, Tories up 30... Quite obvious what has happened

Question is, will these Labour councillors be happy to form coalitions with the Tories now that they are the junior partners?  My guess is yes.

I'd like to say well done to Ian Borthwick. He's some boy. Former Labour, but he's been a councillor in Dundee since 1963. Some going.

e8d76ac2d8eaeffe6feef99c2ec92680.jpg

My ward....both SNP in, Willie Wilson in as well so Broxden roundabout area will remain an eyesore unfortunately.

What a mess Labour are in.

Their Yes fringe deserted them after the referendum and continue to dessert them.

Now it seems the hardcore Unionist fringe have abandoned ship for the Tories.

Utterly irrelevant basket case of a party. 

My amusement at seeing UKIP die is tempered somewhat by the certain knowledge that they will still be treated as relevant by British media coverage and by how many Tories are popping up in Scotland. Shettleston ffs.

Across Europe and indeed in many parts of the world, established mainstram political parties are crubmling.  None of the main parties in France even made the presidential run off.  Even in the UK, the once dominant Labour Party is on its knees with a clown as it's leader.

There's one party bucking the trend. On both sides of the border....

Image result for theresa may smile

Image result for ruth davidson

Angus looking good for the SNP? 

Arbroath etc still to come in, but the SNP pick up a seat in Carnoustie and retaining (I think) most seats in the Tory rural parts - think they lost 1 in a Kirrie ward, but gained it back in the other?

Archived