May Election Thread

Baxter Parp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

This is all great news for the SNP, for 3 main reasons.

1. Scotland will wake up and soft no labour voters will now move to SNP.
2. SNP will take the crown jewel today (Glasgow City Council)
3. Won't be as much media expectation on SNP for June General Election. ie media will spin tory this and tory that, but SNP will still return 50+ seats thus a whopping mandate for indy 2

You're sounding a bit like the Iraq information minister in this post unfortunately, although your 2nd point is (partially) true. If the SNP fail to take a majority there (as now looks likely) that'll be spun as a failure in the media.

I can't see the SNP picking up as many as 50 seats either tbh.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

One of the revolting Inverness Tory Mackenzie family has been elected, hopefully the only one.

My brother is good mates with one of the sons. Not the one standing for election. You might recognise the father's name from the letters page of the Inverness Courier during the 2014 referendum. Spamming them with fucking nonsensical pro-union letters.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Ward 4 in Perth:

Ian Campbell (Tories)
Xander Mcdade (independent)
Mike Williamson (SNP)

Just realised this is Xander's 3rd attempt at standing in Perth. 

I'm predicting the Lab/CON administration will continue with a higher proportion of Tories to Labour. The SNP cannot get a majority now unless independent cllr's Spiers and McCabe win their wards (quite likely for both). The Greens aren't performing well here either. 
Bo'Ness was 1 SNP, 1 LAB and 1 CON. The Labour Cllr that walked out was Linda Gow of Larbert and Bonnybridge

Fuxake....how anyone here would vote to continue with these clowns in power is beyond me.....

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I would doubt it.  One less councillor in Central this year and I'd imagine it'll return three of those four.  It was also the ward that had the largest Green vote in the Highlands in the Scottish Parliament election apparently.

Inverness Central - 

1. Richard Laird - SNP

2.  Bet McAllister - Labour 

3. Janet Campbell - Independent

All were current incumbents. 

28 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Wtf... How? Shettleston? Wit? I'm honestly lost for words. Wow.

That's because you're an absolute cretin.

You're sounding a bit like the Iraq information minister in this post unfortunately, although your 2nd point is (partially) true. If the SNP fail to take a majority there (as now looks likely) that'll be spun as a failure in the media.
I can't see the SNP picking up as many as 50 seats either tbh.

Not really tbh. SNP will poll 42-46% in the FPTP election; 50+ very achievable

22 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

This is all great news for the SNP, for 3 main reasons.

1. Scotland will wake up and soft no labour voters will now move to SNP.  No we won't
2. SNP will take the crown jewel today (Glasgow City Council)   No yis won't
3. Won't be as much media expectation on SNP for June General Election. ie media will spin tory this and tory that, but SNP will still return 50+ seats thus a whopping mandate for indy 2   No yis won't

Do you think he's heard ?

15xsos4.jpg

Patrick Harvey saying on Facebook that Jon Molyneaux got elected for the Greens in Pollokshields.

Edit - a Green Party councillor elected in Hillhead too.

This is my first count I've been at, and the amount of people who tick or cross instead of number is incredible.

SNP voters especially have been chucking away votes by crossing both their candidates without any numbered preferences.

8 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Juts noticed that Marie Boulton has been re-elected :thumbsdown  She is an absolute boot.  She was part of the campaign that delayed the building of the AWPR, cost taxpayers millions as a result and had ridiculous ideas like building large chunks of the AWAP as tunnels.  She has run various initiatives and projects in the council that have achieved very little.

Archived