May Election Thread

Baxter Parp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

fs I get where you're coming from but this is what happened in my council ward regarding flyers and candidates visions for local services.

That's just depressing. 

The SNP is almost what all candidates/parties should have been providing. Although it didn't seem to mention what they were going to / aim to do if elected, which is a minor gripe of mine! 

The Tories just whoring for the 'we said no' and anti-SNP votes whilst Labour and the rest lack the will/resources to bother their arse. 

I got two SNP leaflets, identical except both numbered differently for each candidate. They'll shoosh Glasgow, but I actually disagree with their policies on Transport which I think will make things worse. 

7 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

That's just depressing. 

The SNP is almost what all candidates/parties should have been providing. Although it didn't seem to mention what they were going to / aim to do if elected, which is a minor gripe of mine! 

The Tories just whoring for the 'we said no' and anti-SNP votes whilst Labour and the rest lack the will/resources to bother their arse. 

I got two SNP leaflets, identical except both numbered differently for each candidate. They'll shoosh Glasgow, but I actually disagree with their policies on Transport which I think will make things worse. 

But the really depressing and annoying thing is there are four seats to be filled.
At least one of these c**ts will get in by default.

I voted for the candidates with the best track record of active work on ward issues. SNP 1st because he's a neighbour and I'll be able to shout at him if there's a problem. The other SNP candidate had zero in her CV apart from working with an MP, and doesn't live in the ward so she went in at 4th. Second was an active independent incumbent. 3rd I went for a Labour guy from an ethnic minority who are seriously underrepresented in Highland Council, and with a decent CV. 5th went to an ex-SNP incumbent Independent who was kicked out of the party twice last year for undisclosed reasons, probably for not turning up to Council meetings. 6th went to the Lib Dem ex-Provest who was accused of bullying last year. No idea if it was true, but he's an accountant anyway. 7th went to a 19 year old Tory student in Edinburgh. God knows why he stood, we never even got a leaflet far less a knock on the door.

SNP, Greens, Independent, Libertarian (lol), LD, Labour, Tory, Tory.

Unfortunately the folk who've posted on here probably constitute about 90% of the under 80s voting today and we'll be subjected to some insufferable pre-written analysis of this tomorrow.

On 31 December 2016 at 10:33, moses1924 said:

As a labour voter and a supporter of the union I don't see the problem with voting for labour first, then ranking other unionist afterwards in order to prevent independence supporting councillors from gaining seats. It is exactly the same as independence supporters voting for independence supporting parties first, SNP then Greens. One is no more reprehensible then the other. We are in a position now in Scotland where the independence issue over shadows all others, a bit like Northern Ireland I suppose.

Btw, how did you part the Red Sea?

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I voted for the candidates with the best track record of active work on ward issues. SNP 1st because he's a neighbour and I'll be able to shout at him if there's a problem. The other SNP candidate had zero in her CV apart from working with an MP, and doesn't live in the ward so she went in at 4th. Second was an active independent incumbent. 3rd I went for a Labour guy from an ethnic minority who are seriously underrepresented in Highland Council, and with a decent CV. 5th went to an ex-SNP incumbent Independent who was kicked out of the party twice last year for undisclosed reasons, probably for not turning up to Council meetings. 6th went to the Lib Dem ex-Provest who was accused of bullying last year. No idea if it was true, but he's an accountant anyway. 7th went to a 19 year old Tory student in Edinburgh. God knows why he stood, we never even got a leaflet far less a knock on the door.

I presume the LibDem ex-provost is Alex Graham.  I've met him a couple of times and I've always found him to be very friendly.  The ex-SNP independent recently auditioned for the X Factor!

Just now, Highland Capital said:

I presume the LibDem ex-provost is Alex Graham.  I've met him a couple of time and I've always found him to be very friendly.  The ex-SNP independent recently auditioned for the X Factor!

If he had knocked on my door I would probably have bumped him up to 3rd, in that case, and he answered a couple of questions correctly. It's more about electing people who are willing and able to do the job in local elections, rather than national agendas. The only candidate who knocked on my door was my neighbour.

Polling station was busier than expected. Voted SNP 1-3, 4 Green as he seemed to be involved in local community according to CV, 5 & 6 to the red Tories 7 to the Tory enabler who never bothered putting a flyer through the door or a poster at the polling station and 8 to the Tory who also never bothered putting a flyer through the door.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bojangles said:

Yeah, but if you want to maximise the power of your vote you should number them all. 

I've seen quite a few Tweets from Unionists saying to only vote for Unionists parties 

The advice is giving 'seperatists' a number is giving them a vote

No point in pointing it out to them 'til 10.

1. Tory
2. Labour
3. Labour
4. Independent
5. Independent
6. Green
7. SNP
8. SNP.

Hard to choose what SNP candidate to put first until I looked at the names and noticed that one of the candidates was was the mother of a lassie that performed a sexual act on me about 20 years ago.... so she got 7 [emoji106]

Archived