The Queen's Park v Stranraer

The season's third quarter starts with Derby Day around the country. Like geeks at a school disco QP & Stranraer have been thrown together for the last dance of the year.

In August, had you been asked to place these two teams in fifth and last positions in the league even the most ardent QP supporter would have sheepishly placed our lot at the bottom. As our amazing rise has continued Stranraer's lively first quarter performance has waned. On current performance it's a home banker, so pretty much anything could happen. Whilst results are being ground out, largely due to a rock solid defence, and our depth of squad looks impressive there's no denying the front end is still unproductive and unless that improves nothing can be taken for granted in terms of wins. I noticed East Fife, far away in east Fife, somehow managed to bag an 18 year old protege striker from Thistle from nearby Maryhill. Hopefully Gus has some equally exciting prospect lined up for January.

Well done to any Stranraer fans who can make it up this week. Hope you're team gives you something to look forward to in 2017. Enjoy the game.

QP for a 2-1 win.

55 minutes ago, Girth said:

I'm all over this bad boy.

I'll be signing autographs before and after the game as the only Englishman in attendance.

Thank you.

Excellent.  Bring photos of omnibuses and electric lights for us to drool over.

Hopefully you'll enjoy your day.  There's a social club bar on the road up to the ground (JB McAlpine Pavilion).

16 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Excellent.  Bring photos of omnibuses and electric lights for us to drool over.

Hopefully you'll enjoy your day.  There's a social club bar on the road up to the ground (JB McAlpine Pavilion).

Top man. Hopefully see you in there! :thumsup2

Guest TOPFITTER

The only reason I can muster for even thinking of turning up would be, to be able to say " I was at the last game Brian Reid was in charge of Stranraer FC"  Bottom by year end 2 seasons running and still in a job spouting his " It's not my Fault they keep making the same mistakes" mantra seems just what the BLUES Board likes to hear. BUT even a Board has to act when Relegation and falling Revenue combined with fans walking away combines to create footballs Perfect Storm !!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I'll be making the pilgrimage, fully expecting the 'raer to be rotten though. Is the QP social club open beforehand today? Also, does it have a TV that'll be showing the wee match in govan? Think my Sevco supporting friend might join me today and he's wanting to watch his lot get pumped.

On 30 December 2016 at 12:15, car number 7 said:

For some reason lately Stranraer love playing at Hampden,take a repeat of our last game there 2-0,hopefully our season begins on Saturday.

Couldn't really say QP were any better than last time at Hampden,what a wee star Kyle Turner is,ran the show and only 19.

I'm so happy for the players, great 3 points but a poor game,can't remember their keeper having a save to make. My only worry is that our board will give Reid more time ....

good away support and so so nice to see us off the bottom .

Poor game but can't complain with how the season has went. Remarkable what Gus has achieved. Going into January I think we definitely need to try and get a striker if we're unable to get Zanatta back cause it's just not happened for Malone and plus he was at fault for the goal today.  

Archived