January Window

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

That's Josh Walker (scored against Bayern Munich for Aberdeen!) in for Edinburgh City.

Sweet. 

Could do with another proven striker now to add depth in case Ouzy gets injured. Beattie isn't a 90 minute player anymore but Saturday proved he's still got a big part to play with his holding the ball up etc. Need one more striker that can play off that. Wouldn't mind adding another centre half as well again for depth in case of an injury or suspension. Don't know what our budget is like 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Binos rumoured to be signing David Templeton and Steve Kapuadi

David Templeton !!!

where is he now?

and where will the money for him come from???

class act tho (if fit)

Sweet. 
Could do with another proven striker now to add depth in case Ouzy gets injured. Beattie isn't a 90 minute player anymore but Saturday proved he's still got a big part to play with his holding the ball up etc. Need one more striker that can play off that. Wouldn't mind adding another centre half as well again for depth in case of an injury or suspension. Don't know what our budget is like 

Don't get excited about Josh Walker. I lived in Bangalore a couple of years ago and went to watch the local side. He was the marquee signing and he didn't look up to much. At best, the level was top end amateur.

Templeton has been linked with us several times, but think there are issues with injuries for the lad.

Heard from a QOS supporting guy at work today that they are releasing Chris Higgins; now that would be a welcome return to Broadwood, pity we are skint!

Frazer Wright also coming to a league two club - hoping its Stirling given that Dave McKay probably knows him pretty well. Although  reading the Dumbarton thread on here - sound like a top guy but struggles to last the 90 mins at championship level - should be able to hack 6 months for someone at league two level

4 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Templeton has been linked with us several times, but think there are issues with injuries for the lad.

Heard from a QOS supporting guy at work today that they are releasing Chris Higgins; now that would be a welcome return to Broadwood, pity we are skint!

5 hours ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

David Templeton is rumoured to be joining us as well 

13 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Feck it.  I'll join in.

Templeton linked with Cowdenbeath.

13 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

The Templeton rumour is an interesting one as it is also doing the rounds on our message board. The Daily Record is linking him with Edinburgh City however, but it would certainly be a good signing for us, if true.

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

Frazer Wright also coming to a league two club - hoping its Stirling given that Dave McKay probably knows him pretty well.

Pure speculation of course, but Mackay (allegedly, because I have not read it yet) is in this weeks Stirling Observer saying he is close to signing a defender that we'd be lucky to have. Wright would fit the bill, and would be ideal.

20 minutes ago, ecfcnorthfield said:

Wasn't fit so couldn't commit apparently.  Was still injured at the time but said he'd be interested in signing once fit and injury free again from what I've been told 

Strange if true.

Sign here and we'll give you money and training etc.

Well I'm not really feeling 100% so don't want to commit.  Who needs money and training anyway.  I'd rather take this risk of never getting fit and getting no money.

Sounds like the exact opposite of Riordan IMO.

Strange if true.
Well I'm not really feeling 100% so don't want to commit.  Who needs money and training anyway.  I'd rather take this risk of never getting fit and getting no money.

Meant he's like Riordan as he went to the OF instead of down south, didn't really do to well and fulfil his potential, got released at a reasonable early age, scraping around for clubs now. Hearts to Rangers and Hibs to Celtic too.

The money city will pay him will be nothing to him, he must've been on over 5k a week at Rangers the last however many years plus he would've been on decent money at Hearts where he'd been from an early age after Stenny.

24 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

Strange if true.

Seems like he wasn't wanting to take a wage while maybe not being able to play - seems decent doing that rather than taking a wage for sitting on his arse in the stand on a Saturday afternoon. I would imagine he will have been training with someone to get back to fitness.

Archived