January Window

Who would you like to see sign for your club? Positions do you think need strengthened.

Rumours etc?

All the clubs signing news in here would be handy, doubt there'll be much but I imagine as always there'll be a small flurry of activity.

Think we really need to extend Skellys loan, which will happen I'm sure. And add another striker, Nathan Austin been rumoured but I'm highly skeptical.

Hopefully DC can pull off something.

Arbroath:

In - Bryan Hodge

Out - Gary Phillips, Michael Dunlop

Berwick:

Out - Graham Beveridge, Barry Hogg

In - Gary Phillips, Michael Dunlop

Clyde:

In - Brett Long

Out - Scott Tiffoney loan ended

Cowdenbeath:

Out - James Creaney

Edinburgh City:

In - Josh Walker

Stirling:

In - Willie Robertson, Frazer Wright, Connor Quigley, Liam Caddis, Connor McLaren

Out - Bryan Hodge, Eddie Ferns

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new manager would be a good start.....

In all seriousness, the two loan players (Miller and Tiffoeny) that were recently brought in have given me little hope that BF can have a good January window. From what I've seen both players are great additions but for some reason used on the bench. And I believe both are only on emergency loans until the end of January?

We DESPERATLEY need a leader (like big Mark McLaughlin was) at the back. We have a very talented squad with some good footballers, but no one who can organise the team on the park, especially when we are not in possession of the ball.

After the last few performances, especially the Edinburgh game, I've lost a lot of faith in the manager. Hopefully he can prove me wrong though and have a good couple of results in January and bring in another centre half. 

Expect a few in and out according to Dave MacKay our manager, hopefully help in midfield, defence and possibly attack.  Only area we don't need help is goalkeeper.

Expect Willie Roberston to resign for us in the January window to give us a bit of dig in midfield. Just hope whoever comes in are better than what we are letting go which hopefully should be an improvement.

Want:
Josh Walker
Ousman See tied to a 2 year contract
Kris Renton
McGurn the goalie at Cowdenbeath
Dylan Bikey

Do not want:
Blair Henderson

Kris Renton? Whit

Unless you can fork out a £100k transfer fee, 600 a week and a 5 year deal McGurn will be nowhere near you unfortunately. ;)

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Kris Renton? Whit

Unless you can fork out a £100k transfer fee, 600 a week and a 5 year deal McGurn will be nowhere near you unfortunately. ;)

Come on 1320 we wouldn't give McGurn away on the cheap:P

11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That's the Renton that's scored more league goals than any Arbroath player and has generally impressed informed observers

So he needs to move then, wasting his talents playing for you then

20 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

All we need now is Chris Innes giving us his informed view and we'll have more or less had all the wit and wisdom you can muster

I still cringe everytime that b*****ds name is mentioned by a Cowden fan. Experienced pro, comes into us on a 5 month deal on very good wages, plays average at best and makes utterly moronic comments in the paper which spurs our rivals onto the title instead of us. Utter c**t :( 

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Kerr hay from forfar and Stuart malcolm in as sp number two doing the rounds, no sure when that will happen though.

I've heard the rumour about Kerr Hay. Would be surprised if Malcs was away before the end of this season.

I've heard the rumour about Kerr Hay. Would be surprised if Malcs was away before the end of this season.

Yeah know what you mean about malcolm, he might try and get someone else for the remainder of the season then bring him in. Kerr hay any good?

Archived