2nd Half Of The Season

So as we are in the midst of the winter break this season... What does everyone think we will see come the end of the season? Who will win the cups?? Who will be the league champions?? Any early predictions for the awards at the end of the season (Player/Team/Manager/Referee of the Year)??

Attached below are the league table and fixtures for each of the cups...

League Table:

IMG_1483005656.217404.jpg

Alba Cup:

Won by Lochar (4-0 win over Nithsdale)

League Cup:

Final: Newton vs Threave

Cree Lodge Cup:

Final: Saints vs Heston

Haig Gordon Cup:

Semi Finals: Newton play Heston and Wigtown play Edusport (unsure of home clubs)

South Regional Challenge Cup:

Quarter Finals: Only south team left are Threave: Threave vs East Kilbride

Challenge Cup:

Round 2: IMG_1483005871.746813.jpg

Potts Cup:

Round 1: IMG_1483006033.272332.jpg

Tweedie Cup:

Round 1: IMG_1483005967.885566.jpg

The burning question for you prodigy is IF you win the league will you go to lowland league ??????

That's a question that will have to be answered down the road! Currently haven't won the title and there is plenty of football to be played so that thought won't be coming into our minds until we win the title (if we do)...

Speculating though, I would expect as we do have our club license that we would have no choice in the matter!

I don't see any of the top three teams as it stands being able to sustain themselves for any length of time in the Lowland League. EDU Sport are better placed geographically but have no real fan or community base. Wigtown and Saints are too geographically isolated for the League. Sadly, I don't really see any south club (Dalbeattie excepted) being able to take part in the pyramid system.

Fair point, although you will remember Threave have had their fingers burnt twice by probably overstretching themselves...they withdrew from the EOS a few years ago when it was the place to be.

I just can't help feeling that the odds are stacked against SOS teams due to sparse population and travel issues. Look how many teams have sprung up from nowhere to join the Lowland League....all central belt based.

True LH I fail to see why staying in the South and makiing it as strong a league as we can is bad. It is easy to be ambitious with plenty of capital but I think we would be better to do what senior clubs are failing to do ie making a platform for local youngsters to play at a decent level and if they stand out move on to a higher level. South football has been providing a place for hundreds of local kids to enjoy the "beautiful game" for decades. Keep it going and let the short term glory hunters and by that I mean administraters not players have their pipe dreams.

The way senior Scottish football is being run at the moment is for the benefit of hospitality hounds and second rate imported players!

Don,t sell yourseves short SOS . We are getting more right than wrong with our football.    

I don't see any of the top three teams as it stands being able to sustain themselves for any length of time in the Lowland League. EDU Sport are better placed geographically but have no real fan or community base. Wigtown and Saints are too geographically isolated for the League. Sadly, I don't really see any south club (Dalbeattie excepted) being able to take part in the pyramid system.

I think Edu could manage it financially... Remember that their players are paying £14,500 a year to come across and that they are based in Glasgow and Edinburgh! Their U20s play in the LL/EOS U20s league!

I also believe that they intend to play at Lesser Hampden in the near future...

All that put together, and added to the fact that they don't actually rely on fans attending matches (unlike many clubs in the South, East and Lowland Leagues), makes me pretty certain they would be perfectly able to play in the Lowland League... However, they would need to be able to make sure hey can get a good enough standard of player each year! That could be their potential downfall IMO

On 2 January 2017 at 05:14, theProdigy said:

That's a question that will have to be answered down the road! Currently haven't won the title and there is plenty of football to be played so that thought won't be coming into our minds until we win the title (if we do)...

Speculating though, I would expect as we do have our club license that we would have no choice in the matter!

Cheerio then as it looks like you will win the league or will there be a decline in your form in the 2nd half of the season ,another question for you prodigy why was your team not in the league cup this season ??????

Cheerio then as it looks like you will win the league or will there be a decline in your form in the 2nd half of the season ,another question for you prodigy why was your team not in the league cup this season ??????

Believe we were barred from the competition for an administration error in the cup last season... Although I couldn't say that for sure!

As for the decline... I don't see that happening! Boys are focused on winning the title... Don't actually know what the exact situation for us afterwards (and that is if we do win the title), but we will take it on!

Archived