Clyde V Annan

I feel the was certainly a change in the crowds attitude today with regard to the manager's situation.
Is he able to get the team back on track? He seems incapable of changing games during the match and ultimately their results.
He needs to get results soon and often.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel the was certainly a change in the crowds attitude today with regard to the manager's situation.
Is he able to get the team back on track? He seems incapable of changing games during the match and ultimately their results.
He needs to get results soon and often.

Problem is there will soon be hardly anybody going to games
And that is basically our only source of revenue

Sad to read this seeing as out of the whole crowd back in the day, you're one of the few left who are there each week :-(. 
I missed today as I was driving up to Inverness. I said last week and it's confirming my thoughts, time for Barry to admit it's not happening and walk. He can always do the whole Clyde have no Money and that's how it never worked out before getting another job then getting properly found out like Brown. 
We now have a shite situation where Barry has another 2 years on his deal so cannae lay him off. It's really up to him now. 
We got told before we attract the type of player because of Ferguson. Well what fuckin good is that when players with a caliber come to us and under perform. How many players, club officials and fund raising fans has he fallen out with? The guys a p***k and with me it's personal. I quit the fundraising crowd at Clyde because of the way he spoke to me at the race night. f**k him, time for him to go

And who extended his contract , they should join him going out the door

Have good one up Inverness

Cfuck. U obv dont like the board but in my opnion were like the old clydebank. Were dying with no others willing to help and certainly no outside investment. I said yrs ago we might be better going junior and enjoying it or dyinga slow death where we are.Too many agends in a small support and a manager who cant attract but cant coach. Horrible times and worst eva for me in 30yr.

Don't see the point of lamenting the mistakes of the past. We did that for the best part of 10 years and accepted that we were crap as we had the mistakes of the past to pay for. When we were debt free, it was then not unreasonable to expect us to gradually improve. What we have managed to do is attract some better players. What we haven't done however is improve. Jim Duffy got us into the play offs with a pretty poor squad. Ferguson took a couple of seasons to get us to the play offs with a better squad, but with an arguably better squad again we are in free fall. How many players is this man going to sign before he and the club realise he doesn't have what it takes to build a decent team ? 

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

We got told before we attract the type of player because of Ferguson. Well what fuckin good is that when players with a caliber come to us and under perform. How many players, club officials and fund raising fans has he fallen out with? The guys a p***k and with me it's personal. I quit the fundraising crowd at Clyde because of the way he spoke to me at the race night. f**k him, time for him to go

Sorry to hear how exasperated you all are with things at Clyde. But I'm curious, what did he do/say at the race night?

Obviously our own (precious / sensitive) chairman has a similar view of BF. Seems your manager just doesn't care who likes him. But alienating your own fans has just about no upsides. 

Not at the game this afternoon. Had a glance at the team selection just there... My god in heaven. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Look: if it's down to injuries or whatever then it's forgiveable. But otherwise... I'd give Barry until early February - latest - to put the brakes on this largely self-inflicted slump.

I hoped I'd be wrong about us struggling to keep that play-off spot, of course. Alas, Annan and Edinburgh now have us within their gravity.

Cfuck. U obv dont like the board but in my opnion were like the old clydebank. Were dying with no others willing to help and certainly no outside investment. I said yrs ago we might be better going junior and enjoying it or dyinga slow death where we are.Too many agends in a small support and a manager who cant attract but cant coach. Horrible times and worst eva for me in 30yr.

I don't dislike the board personally have met a few, decent guys but they persuaded good clyde men to sell the club name I will never forget that those seasons were worse than this , it divided the club and alienated any support we had in Cumbernauld. I keep hearing there is no alternative well let them all pack it in and see if there is what's to lose the club is a dead man walking

As for Ferguson he will hang in there till the bitter end he knows they can't sack him even if they wanted too

Weve lost the plot. Hope theres a change in form come the next game. Playoffs is the bare minimum but promotion via playoffs is minmum for BF to keep his job id say.

I will have a pint of what you have been drinking ha ha

Thought your team played ok yesterday but your keeper...he was murder...no manager can do owt if the guy in goals is making mistakes awe game. New keeper needed if you want to progress folks. I never fail to have a good day at Clyde win or lose 

had to laugh at a young gun who shouts out " fucksake that long baw shite is .....yes we scored " and as the game progressed he got louder and louder, he wanted to belt chapman at one point. Went nuts when you scored a penalty and was defoed at full time.

you canny buy that passion lads. 

The only positive from yesterday, was I thought, Scott Ferguson had a decent game when he came. No surprise that was him that got the penalty as he was the only that looked likely to create anything at that stage.

Smith out with a small knee problem; aye right. By my reckoning the full team will be dropped for poor displays. 
Buck has to stop somewhere Barry and I'm afraid it's your turn. Thanks for your efforts but it's time to move on.

Gibson and McNeil to be out with small knee injuries next week. Will no doubt see another shuffle of the starting XI next Saturday.

I still have no idea why he persists in playing Johnston and McNeil out of position. He had Johnston at right back and McNeil at right mid. Surely it should be the other way around? Linton is also largely wasted at left back.

52 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

f**k Barry. 

barrys the right man for the job he just needs more time we can still win playofs and leage can still be won we are the bigest club in leage and folk need to get behind team

Archived