Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic: Happy New Year

14 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Didn't hear any Norrie songs. Disgusting if so. Heard them many years ago and they were quickly shouted down by decent fans. Hopefully that sort of shit gets stamped out right away. No place for it.

Did hear the packet of sweets and cheeky smile song. Also totally unacceptable. It's 2017 ffs

Ditto,never heard any Norrie songs and was seated not far from FF,but heard a rendition of  the paedophile song,fukin hell.These guys are an embarrassment

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ditto,never heard any Norrie songs and was seated not far from FF,but heard a rendition of  the paedophile song,fukin hell.These guys are an embarrassment

"Packet of sweets" and "paedophile" song? Sound like they're one and the same. Seriously, don't think I've heard either in 3 decades of going to the fitba'. Those singing must be in the minority if most of the home support couldn't even hear them.

5 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

"Packet of sweets" and "paedophile" song? Sound like they're one and the same. Seriously, don't think I've heard either in 3 decades of going to the fitba'. Those singing must be in the minority if most of the home support couldn't even hear them.

Yeah same song,fairly audible even though it was group down the front singing it

minority or not it's fukin embarrassing and the age of them singing should know better but fuelled by bevvy no doubt

Certainly wouldn't think the Rovers lads would get involved in singing any Norrie stuff. Have never heard anything like that from them before and didn't on Monday; I'd be inclined to think any shout would be from one or two numpties / not regular attenders who perhaps have gone because of it being the derby. Every club in the land will attract folk like that. There were a few "f**k the Pars" chants but I thought the home crowd would've been more up for it, vocally. I suppose the early goal for ourselves and maybe Rovers' recent form was behind it. The home contingent are always a bit quieter than their opposition in a lot of games mind you.

As for the game, delighted with the three points and felt we deserved it. We started off really well; played at pace and with real intent. Still no idea how Cuthbert kept out Ashcroft's header (it was a throwback to McGurn's displays against us) but it was shoddy marking for our first. Credit to Wedderburn though who made it difficult for McHattie to get close to Clark.

After that I felt we sat off and Rovers came into it; there was concern with the scramble that saw the ball come off the bar and McHattie's shot that Murdoch saved, but for all their decent play up until the edge of the box (I thought Barr and Johnston looked threatening) I was never on the edge of my seat feeling anxious that they would score.

Clark really should've buried the chance from the backheeler - as well as a couple of other chances - so was relieved when Higgy's ball in bundled in off Ashcroft. Our performances in recent weeks have been much, much better and it's nice to see we're getting some wins and luck to go with it.

Thought Fordyce and Ashcroft were superb, Herron and Wedderburn covered a helluva ground in the middle of the park, and McMullan and Higginbotham were always liable to create something for us. Those two have been outstanding in recent weeks and, for me, are probably the first names on the teamsheet.

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Didn't hear any Norrie songs. Disgusting if so. Heard them many years ago and they were quickly shouted down by decent fans. Hopefully that sort of shit gets stamped out right away. No place for it.

Did hear the packet of sweets and cheeky smile song. Also totally unacceptable. It's 2017 ffs

Whilst on the subject of dodgy/outright shit songs...

The 'Sammy is a paedo' song makes me cringe. The person donning the suit will be a club volunteer doing their bit to engage the young supporters and must wonder why he/she bothers when that daft chant rears it's ugly head.

Its actually embarrassing.

Get a load of you superior fans giving fans stick for walking to a match together.
Over a hundred Pars fans spent hours in the Tipsy Cow having the craic pre-match.
The guy who runs it is a Pars fan who opened early for us and handed out the free Pies.
We received online plaudits from their mansgement for the friendly atmosphere created.
The guy who made the banner is the same guy who organised the Norrie display at East End last year. He does a lot for the club and is a decent fella.
The 'march' was more impromptu than anything else as people were leaving around 2.30 anyway.
I walked at the back of it and enjoyed the craic.
Nothing sinister or embarrassing about it being honest just the usual windbag typists spouting sanctimony.

2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Get a load of you superior fans giving fans stick for walking to a match together.
Over a hundred Pars fans spent hours in the Tipsy Cow having the craic pre-match.
The guy who runs it is a Pars fan who opened early for us and handed out the free Pies.
We received online plaudits from their mansgement for the friendly atmosphere created.
The guy who made the banner is the same guy who organised the Norrie display at East End last year. He does a lot for the club and is a decent fella.
The 'march' was more impromptu than anything else as people were leaving around 2.30 anyway.
I walked at the back of it and enjoyed the craic.
Nothing sinister or embarrassing about it being honest just the usual windbag typists spouting sanctimony.

Don't worry, it's only the rest of the Pars fans that are embarrassed. Clearly you wouldn't take part in the march with the banner if you had anything approaching shame or self awareness.

Don't worry, it's only the rest of the Pars fans that are embarrassed. Clearly you wouldn't take part in the march with the banner if you had anything approaching shame or self awareness.

No worries here and no embarrassment here either apart from the slight varience in levels linking directly to reading dripping sanctimony by cyber Pars fans like yourself.
The irony is you claim to hate .Net but you post in a way that would see Brian laying a set of Baffies out for you as a welcome present.
Give yourself a hoover and stop choking on your bile.

9 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Just me who thinks Piracy consults a thesaurus every time he posts on here?

"Must. insert. big words. so people take. me seriously."

It's 'no working neebs.

Your Manager needs to consult somebody who knows football. Losing young talent to Dumbarton and being left with ex-Hearts driftwood.

That aside, nice attempt to bring in the Forum Hyenas by seeking collective opinions on my ability to articulate an opinion.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I've no opinion either way on the walk but getting the words to "you're just a wee team" wrong grates. 

Valid and I agree.

Archived