Arbroath vs Montrose

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No what I'm saying is that the inside of our main stand has had a load of money spent on it bringing it up to these standards, this wasn't done that long ago, I'd no idea the criteria no longer existed.

The refurbished changing rooms along with the 36-0 bar and hospitality suite are fantastic for a PT club. These improvements along with the rest of the ground, the fact we have terracing too, make it one of if not the best ground a PT club has, IMO.

I was in your 36-0 lounge the last time we were there it is nice. Only thing I don't like about Gayfield is that segregation fence at the sea side which would be bearable if the TV bit wasn't there to f**k everyone's view up.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in your 36-0 lounge the last time we were there it is nice. Only thing I don't like about Gayfield is that segregation fence at the sea side which would be bearable if the TV bit wasn't there to f**k everyone's view up.

Very basic but it's nice to have a bar in the ground. The hospitality suite is superb and indeed the hospitality package too.

Agree regarding the fence, particularly annoying when playing games like Mondays. When the sea side stand is packed and if you're in it the fence obstructs a large part of your view.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Very basic but it's nice to have a bar in the ground. The hospitality suite is superb and indeed the hospitality package too.

Agree regarding the fence, particularly annoying when playing games like Mondays. When the sea side stand is packed and if you're in it the fence obstructs a large part of your view.

It was the one to the Pleasureland side I was in that game think it was the sponsors bit but just being used as a public bar that day?

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No what I'm saying is that the inside of our main stand has had a load of money spent on it bringing it up to these standards, this wasn't done that long ago, I'd no idea the criteria no longer existed.

The refurbished changing rooms along with the 36-0 bar and hospitality suite are fantastic for a PT club. These improvements along with the rest of the ground, the fact we have terracing too, make it one of if not the best ground a PT club has, IMO.

No, you said originally that your terracing and stand were up to UEFA 5 star standard which is clearly absolute shite and would have been even if assessed 10 years ago when those standards were replaced.

2 minutes ago, CowdenConvert said:

No, you said originally that your terracing and stand were up to UEFA 5 star standard which is clearly absolute shite and would have been even if assessed 10 years ago when those standards were replaced.

Reading his post it sounded like he meant the whole ground but it was probably the dressing rooms he was talking about.

Reading his post it sounded like he meant the whole ground but it was probably the dressing rooms he was talking about.

What I meant aye. It seemed like a small thing to pick up on to me.

Basically what I'm saying is we've spent a fortune getting the inside of our stand brought up to a higher standard, even though it was only initially completed in 2002.

Great wee lower league ground, wouldn't change it in the slightest. ;)

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Basically what I'm saying is we've spent a fortune getting the inside of our stand brought up to a higher standard, even though it was only initially completed in 2002.

Great wee lower league ground, wouldn't change it in the slightest. ;)

As I said just that TV gantry. I was going to say stick it on the roof like Livingston but the cameraman would probably end up in Norway:lol:

Only gripe I have about the stand is the legroom is shocking! Usually stand on the terrace though so doesn't often make any difference to me.

Wouldn't swap our ground. I wouldn't mind building a higher wall to keep the wind from blasting down the seaside terrace though!

Game was a bit patchy at times but when we eventually got the ball on the ground we created enough chances to get all 3 points. Both Keepers stole the show to be honest. Still all to play for I the second half of the season.

35 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Only gripe I have about the stand is the legroom is shocking! Usually stand on the terrace though so doesn't often make any difference to me.

Wouldn't swap our ground. I wouldn't mind building a higher wall to keep the wind from blasting down the seaside terrace though!

Game was a bit patchy at times but when we eventually got the ball on the ground we created enough chances to get all 3 points. Both Keepers stole the show to be honest. Still all to play for I the second half of the season.

I'm with you on the lack of legroom in the stand. The clubhouse facilities are first class but the seating and some viewing lines leave a bit to be desired. That said it's a ground I enjoy visiting.

Great wee lower league ground, wouldn't change it in the slightest. [emoji6]

f**k me was that 2002, I can remember us playing a game there , possibly a pre season friendly and the old stand had been demolished and new one near completion

:lol:

We could argue all day long tbsouth but I genuinely don't believe you're believing what you say here.

I like station park and all the Angus grounds, were actually all quite lucky to have decent grounds when you look at what other clubs have.

Archived