Arbroath vs Montrose

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Mutch doesn't seem to have featured for a while. He's still listed as goalkeeper on Arbroath's website though.

I went up to Gayfield today Mr B and can confirm that Arbroath's sub goalie was the former third choice Meadowbank Thistle and Scotland goalie Bobby (later Rab) Douglas

bobby douglas.jpg

I spoke to him a few years back after a Hibs v Dundee match- good guy. 

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I went up to Gayfield today Mr B and can confirm that Arbroath's sub goalie was the former third choice Meadowbank Thistle and Scotland goalie Bobby (later Rab) Douglas

bobby douglas.jpg

I spoke to him a few years back after a Hibs v Dundee match- good guy. 

Cheers for that. I gave big Rab a mention in the City Fanzine this week on the centrefold pages. His stub is right next to the hazy image of a photographer from Meadowbank. See Edinburgh City thread.

We weren't great yesterday but still created 4 clear chances to win the game. Miller was inspired for the Mo unfortunately. Phillips and Prunty struggled, Little was poor and McCord wasn't involved at all. I did think Whately played well though. Points dropped IMO but hopefully just a minor blip.

Watched highlights

Mo good first half we had a lot of chances second half totally forgot about the one off line Mo some chances too

Point probably fair bit annoying how we weren't as good as we can be. Thought Jummy done well and gave us something different uptop when he came on. McCord not his best game, same with Skelly.

On to Edinburgh

1731 is a fantastic crowd, looked like Montrose brought through more than usual as well which is good to see. Millar the obvious motm, thought Masson played well too. Whatley probably our best player. We missed some good chances and I thought Prunty was poor. Great save from the holy goalie just before HT, such a good keeper. Disappointing not to get the win, but at least Forfar couldn't extend their lead.

Archived