Arbroath vs Montrose

One of the biggest footballing faux pas you can make is claiming you have the league won.  

It will come back to haunt you...........ask one of the best players in this league about his tweets from last season.

Also, there are still 19 games to play.....

Arbroath fans know just how easily a large point gap (at one stage I think it was 11 points) at the top of the table can vanish in the second half of the season.

Last season Annan Athletic sat top after 17 games with East Fife 9 points behind in 6th position.  Come the end Annan Athletic didn't even make the play offs with East Fife celebrating with the trophy.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same team for me too, hopefully jimmy Scott is back to give an option off the bench for last 20 or so,

must win for us and hopefully Elgin take something off Forfar, if they had dropped 2 points on Saturday it would of looked a lot better but still plenty time...

One shite thing is the segregation, wish it was like the championship game when we got all the way around and the mo got down the side of the stand, 

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

19 GAMES!!!! 7 fuckin points

Which will be 4 by Monday

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Same team for me too, hopefully jimmy Scott is back to give an option off the bench for last 20 or so,

must win for us and hopefully Elgin take something off Forfar, if they had dropped 2 points on Saturday it would of looked a lot better but still plenty time...

One shite thing is the segregation, wish it was like the championship game when we got all the way around and the mo got down the side of the stand, 

Well you should behave yourselves like we do at Station Park.

Forfar fans taking over Arbroath game threads every week now. 

would like to think the gap might be shortened after Monday but who knows. We dropped so many points in the first quarter yet still we remain only 7 points from the top. Long way to go

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hopefully the lads haven't ate and drunk as much as I have the last few days.

Not sure what kind of crowd this will pull being on a Monday but I imagine the majority of people will be off so hopefully decent.

Can't wait.

The thing is this game could have been played on Saturday instead of Monday

2 hours ago, ecto said:

The thing is this game could have been played on Saturday instead of Monday

Could be that the polis asked for it to be played on Monday as Dundee are at home on Saturday. Remember the United game was moved to Sunday when we met last season.

Anyhow. It being on Monday may improve the attendance as the OF, Aberdeen and Dundee teams are not playing that day.

I fancy stuffing my fat pus before the game. Does anyone know if the Bell Rock still does the lunchtime buffet?

Could be that the polis asked for it to be played on Monday as Dundee are at home on Saturday. Remember the United game was moved to Sunday when we met last season.
Anyhow. It being on Monday may improve the attendance as the OF, Aberdeen and Dundee teams are not playing that day.
I fancy stuffing my fat pus before the game. Does anyone know if the Bell Rock still does the lunchtime buffet?

Think we had the choice, NYE is a bit of a dodgy one as there'll be a lot of people away/things to organise etc. OF clashing with it might have seen few more head to the pub.

And yeah the buffet still on the go. 12-2 I'm sure.

Same team as beat Cowdung, hopefully Jimmy Scott is fit to go on the bench and used if required, i know he has not been at his best lately but he is a quality player and too good not to be involved, Gayfield Legend Big Rab on the bench to pump the boys up (what is the story with Mutch is he away back to the Dons?).

Fancy us 3-1 victors Doris/Prunty/Linn with Masson (again) for the enemy, 1,400 crowd if the weather is ok.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

Wouldn't mind heading up from Glasgow for this as I've heard Arbroath (the town/the ground/the people) is awesome.

Not likely to sell out I'm guessing? :unsure2:

*Otherwise it's Airdrie vs. Albion Rovers*

Wouldn't mind heading up from Glasgow for this as I've heard Arbroath (the town/the ground/the people) is awesome.

Otherwise, it's Airdrie vs. Albion Rovers...

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Otherwise, it's Airdrie vs. Albion Rovers...

No chance it'll sell out mate, come try the best pies in Scotland and see Bobby Linn in action 

21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think we had the choice, NYE is a bit of a dodgy one as there'll be a lot of people away/things to organise etc. OF clashing with it might have seen few more head to the pub.

And yeah the buffet still on the go. 12-2 I'm sure.

Plenty of games on Saturday, but 2 games in Angus both on Monday

On 30/12/2016 at 11:58, Girth said:

*Otherwise it's Airdrie vs. Albion Rovers*

Come to Gayfield and witness foaming mouth hatred in arctic conditions.

Come to Gayfield and witness foaming mouth hatred in arctic conditions.

All over it mate. [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

I'll be the handsome tall English guy in the green parka and Adidas Superstars. Come and say hello if you spot me.

Also, Arbroath to smash Montrose please.

Thank you. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

All over it mate. [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

I'll be the handsome tall English guy in the green parka and Adidas Superstars. Come and say hello if you spot me.

Also, Arbroath to smash Montrose please.

Thank you. [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

You seem like a good guy

Happy New Year

Archived