Arbroath vs Montrose

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An enjoyable day all round. The Bell Rock buffet was pretty good.:thumsup2

The game was pretty entertaining for a 0-0 draw, end to end stuff with plenty of goal mouth action. We're definitely on the up with Petrie. Let's see what he can do in the transfer window.

I think we took AFC by surprise with the size of our support. They ran out of pies after about 5 minutes.:lol:

An enjoyable day all round. The Bell Rock buffet was pretty good.:thumsup2
The game was pretty entertaining for a 0-0 draw, end to end stuff with plenty of goal mouth action. We're definitely on the up with Petrie. Let's see what he can do in the transfer window.
I think we took AFC by surprise with the size of our support. They ran out of pies after about 5 minutes.:lol:

That's not unusual to be honest

Great derby and crowd. It was a case of battles all over the pitch which were to the main evenly contested and it was down to some great goalkeeping heroics that its stayed 0-0. Only get to half a dozen games a season so can only say what I have seen under both Managers this season on two games each. Team far more confident on the ball under Petrie than Hegarty simple as. Very tight League and nothing between bottom and playoffs! Good luck to all!

The first game since ive been going to games for 5-6 years that a couple of us were given freezing cold pies. Never complained but it was pretty poor that they were not heated up. Heard all the pies sold out before half time too. Not sure why there were not enough stocked for the big turn out there was.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looks even more glorious in the sunshine. I'm biased but it's the best lower league ground for me.

You on the terracing or in the stand?

:lol: "best lower league ground"....yeh just in front of Cowdenbeath.....let's be honest there is only one ground that stands out from the rest. :)

:lol: "best lower league ground"....yeh just in front of Cowdenbeath.....let's be honest there is only one ground that stands out from the rest. [emoji4]

Genuinely whats funny about that? It's great for a lower league ground. Bowled terracing and a brand new stand all up to UEFA 5 star standard, a refurbished bar, and a refurbished hospitality suite.

I certainly wouldn't change a thing or swap it for any other part time clubs ground.

IMG_1483527858.950574.jpg

IMG_1483527877.895132.jpg

IMG_1483527895.171194.jpg

IMG_1483527923.639142.jpg

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Genuinely whats funny about that? It's great for a lower league ground. Bowled terracing and a brand new stand all up to UEFA 5 star standard, a refurbished bar, and a refurbished hospitality suite.

I certainly wouldn't change a thing or swap it for any other part time clubs ground.

IMG_1483527843.953495.jpg

IMG_1483527858.950574.jpg

IMG_1483527877.895132.jpg

IMG_1483527895.171194.jpg

IMG_1483527923.639142.jpg

Don't bite... the guy is an utter rocket, he actually believes the shite he spouts too.  Get Forfar to cover the ends behind the goal, get a new stand with top corporate facilities and Station Park would be nice too! 

Don't bite... the guy is an utter rocket, he actually believes the shite he spouts too.  Get Forfar to cover the ends behind the goal, get a new stand with top corporate facilities and Station Park would be nice too! 

Station park is nice too. But not better than Gayfield.

Main stands a dump and they've got portacabins for their hospitality.

The 3 terraced sides are fine, big one behind the goal is class other one not so much but like you say both uncovered, touch line one is fine too but not as good as our touch line one.

Gayfield is a class wee ground and personally very proud of what we have. I'd hate it if we lost it and went down a Dumbarton/East Fife route.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Station park is nice too. But not better than Gayfield.

Main stands a dump and they've got portacabins for their hospitality.

The 3 terraced sides are fine, big one behind the goal is class other one not so much but like you say both uncovered, touch line one is fine too but not as good as our touch line one.

Gayfield is a class wee ground and personally very proud of what we have. I'd hate it if we lost it and went down a Dumbarton/East Fife route.

Agreed, not an option to have a one grandstand stadium... soulless comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Changing rooms, including refs all are aye.

For a start there are no 5 star criteria any more.  Even if they did still exist it takes a lot more than having changing rooms at least 100m2 to have a ground meet the criteria.

What you're actually saying is our ground is great because we have nice changing rooms and making wild unsubstantiated claims about a standard that doesn't exist any more :lol:

For a start there are no 5 star criteria any more.  Even if they did still exist it takes a lot more than having changing rooms at least 100m2 to have a ground meet the criteria.
What you're actually saying is our ground is great because we have nice changing rooms and making wild unsubstantiated claims about a standard that doesn't exist any more :lol:

No what I'm saying is that the inside of our main stand has had a load of money spent on it bringing it up to these standards, this wasn't done that long ago, I'd no idea the criteria no longer existed.

The refurbished changing rooms along with the 36-0 bar and hospitality suite are fantastic for a PT club. These improvements along with the rest of the ground, the fact we have terracing too, make it one of if not the best ground a PT club has, IMO.

Archived