Dumbarton v Top of the League Dundee United, Hogmany 2016

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecast for tomorrow is wet and windy, though the wind is meant to die down as the afternoon goes on.  Hopefully this will not impact too badly on those passages of silky play that are most likely to lead to our goal(s).

Anyone know the latest on Durnan?

4 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Dillon at RB, Toshney at CB if Durnan is still out please. 

Good time to see Toshney in his apparently best position.

If Durnan is still out that would make perfect sense, not sure it will happen though.  Even at the start of the season before The Edge was brought in and our defence was a shambles McKinnon was unwilling to play Toshney at CB.  I honestly don't know the reason for this.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If Durnan is still out that would make perfect sense, not sure it will happen though.  Even at the start of the season before The Edge was brought in and our defence was a shambles McKinnon was unwilling to play Toshney at CB.  I honestly don't know the reason for this.

Toshney made his first start at centre half and played about five minutes before getting a broken nose. Presumably he was moved to rb to avoid getting a further bang on the schnozz.

Anyway, Durnan will be fine, I expect.

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

I can only assume Durnan has improved since the last time we met at the rock? He was an absolute shambles that day. More of the same would do tomorrow please...

Yeah, much improved. Partly down to confidence, partly playing in a settled defence and partly due to playing alongside an experienced partner. He's still quite raw but he now does the simple things well and has cut out the silly stuff. 

17 hours ago, banana said:

There's been a small number of teenage fuckmuppets in our travelling support for a couple of years now who get a bit excited. Feel free to dob the c***s in, clip them around the ear, surprise them with prank handshake buzzers.

Is that the ones that were running about our green the last time you were here. Respect eh.

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No longer going down to this as my son has the flu and I can't be arsed going down on my own.  :(

Two gratis tickets for anyone who can pick them up in the next 40 minutes or so.

Thanks for the offer but not sure I could get up to Dundee and back down to Dumbarton in time!

Archived