Dumbarton v Top of the League Dundee United, Hogmany 2016

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Depends on the crowd, think it's split between the Car Park Stewards & the lucky recipient who got the winning ticket :P

So, about 7 quid then?

Anyone got a system for winning this draw?  I'm willing to go halfers - fish'n'chips at Jaconelli's all round sounds fair.

10 minutes ago, The DA said:

So, about 7 quid then?

Anyone got a system for winning this draw?  I'm willing to go halfers - fish'n'chips at Jaconelli's all round sounds fair.

A fish supper's £8 at Jaconelli's pal. Better going to Andy's Golden Fry in the High Street 8)

Assuming Van der Struijk is still out I hope we can start with the same XI as we did against the Maureens.  I thought Dillon did OK and I think some of the criticism of Dixon on here was OTT.  One player who has dropped off a bit in form recently is Telfer and I'm wondering if there's an argument to give Murdoch a chance.

Despite being ahead of Hibs I'm a bit concerned about the upcoming game at Easter Road.  If we can win here and Hibs drop points against Falkirk then it would put us in a great position ahead of the clash with Hibs.

39 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

After advice from Police Scotland the Rock Bowling Club(the one just by the football stadium) will be enforcing a strictly members only policy on Saturday 31st December. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

we'll see to that.

1 hour ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

After advice from Police Scotland the Rock Bowling Club(the one just by the football stadium) will be enforcing a strictly members only policy on Saturday 31st December. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Bloody plod. Heaven forbid anyone actually fucking enjoys themselves over the festive season.

1 hour ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

How quickly can a few hundred United fans become members?

In all fairness to them I can understand why they enforce such rules on old firm days.

If those mutant c***s could learn to behave themselves then there would be no issue, unfortunately there's more chance of me pumpin Lorraine Kelly in the Dumbarton trophy room than there is of that ever happening.

A tie with absolutely no recent history of nastiness and the police would rather not allow fans to enjoy a relaxed drink  couple of hundred yards from the ground. All that'll happen is that fans will drink in the town centre, drink quickly and then get to the ground last minute.

Absolutely nonsense.

A tie with absolutely no recent history of nastiness and the police would rather not allow fans to enjoy a relaxed drink  couple of hundred yards from the ground. All that'll happen is that fans will drink in the town centre, drink quickly and then get to the ground last minute.
Absolutely nonsense.

Tbf I don't think it's anything to do with Dundee Utd or Dumbarton. The ugly sisters game will be the reason. Most pubs on Saturday will be ticketed being Hogmanay so it will be to keep the mutants at bay.
Bit harsh to blame the police on this occasion I think, More so the SFA for scheduling an old firm game on the day that most of Scotland get pished

Archived