Dumbarton v Top of the League Dundee United, Hogmany 2016

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Bonnyrigg Rose managed to win at the Rock, and we couldn't in two attempts. That's almost funny

To be fair we played out of our skins against Bonnyrigg Rose. We fielded some of our youth players against United in the two games.

On 12/30/2016 at 00:38, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Evens for Dundee United to win on Saturday in some bookies. Any reason why?

The bookies looking to entice the Arab Hogmany fund from their sewn up pockets.

Dundae has rarely seen a quieter celebration of the Bells since Quasimodo was in town.

Results like yesterday just show Thompson has to get the cheque book out and get a few new recruits in

No way. You only got beat due to that nasty wind. Your such a technically gifted side that the conditions beat you not dumbarton.

No more bad weather and you win the league.. you have a Darren Jackson guarantee

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ray McKinnon is an absolute minter of a c**t.

On SSN giving it "it was a freak game and a freak result in apalling conditions"

That's 2 freak results now he's suffered at the hands of Scotlands Premier Part-time Team.

36134bde7789e0c86a723bfe0a5957c4.jpg

Gutted to have missed that :lol:

I wouldn't take it too much to heart, chaps. McKinnon's only giving his view on the game from a United perspective. I couldn't make the game but by all accounts it was a freak goal and the conditions were terrible. Hardly unfair to simply point that out.

It's the kind of goal you see all the time, a cross into the box that misses everyone and goes straight in. A freak goal would be Cammy Bell punting it off the back of the Edge's head before the ball deflected off Garry Flemings arse, hit one post, trundled along the line, hit the other post and went in.

A freak result would be 8-0 to Dumbarton, not a result which has happened twice in a matter of months.

The conditions were poor but we've played in worse down there.

Aside from that he's summed it up well...

horses_ass_thumb1.jpg

I wouldn't take it too much to heart, chaps. McKinnon's only giving his view on the game from a United perspective. I couldn't make the game but by all accounts it was a freak goal and the conditions were terrible. Hardly unfair to simply point that out.

Same conditions for both teams. A freak result that's happened twice in 5 months! Your manager is being disrespectful to our club and is lacking a bit of class.

Archived