Dumbarton v Top of the League Dundee United, Hogmany 2016

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Edjenguélé's performance today was right up there with Donaldson's last time we played United at home. Genuinely one of the worst I've seen at this level. It looked like he had no control over his legs.

I have no control over my legs right now, in fact I'm rooted to the armchair. A combination of alcohol & euphoria at The Sons resurgence of late, being the cause.

All the very best Sons fans

tmp_825-wind-gif-tgif-windy-funny-t-g-i-f1933497461.gif

11 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Edjenguélé's performance today was right up there with Donaldson's last time we played United at home. Genuinely one of the worst I've seen at this level. It looked like he had no control over his legs.

Especially when he advanced anywhere beyond the halfway line. Reminded me of Ruud Krol in his pomp. To think, he also wears Cruyff's number too. :wacko:

18 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

All I had to go on earlier was a call from Thirdrock Jnr who had been told of a "riot in the Rock Bowling Club" 

Probably still raging about that day you ditched him on his birthday to get wrecked in Leith. 

Dundee United manager Ray McKinnon: "I think the weather summed up the day today perfectly. It was just about impossible to play football in those conditions - I'm not making excuses at all - but it's certainly not ideal weather to be playing football in, especially when you're asking a team to be very technical and play a certain way."
"We're disappointed with the result but I'm going to be mindful of the fact the team has been 13 games unbeaten and we have lost in really bad conditions today.

Ach well, at least the grass wasn't too long this time...

If thats a direct quote (and if it isn't then my post should be discarded as I wouldn't want to misquote anyone) then might I suggest that given both sides knew about the forthcoming weather conditions, that next time he doesn't ask a team to be 'very technical' or 'play a certain way'. It might be worthwhile for McKinnon to consider playing a different way, thus adapting to the conditions.

Just a thought.

5 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Dundee United manager Ray McKinnon: "I think the weather summed up the day today perfectly. It was just about impossible to play football in those conditions - I'm not making excuses at all - but it's certainly not ideal weather to be playing football in, especially when you're asking a team to be very technical and play a certain way."

"We're disappointed with the result but I'm going to be mindful of the fact the team has been 13 games unbeaten and we have lost in really bad conditions today.

Ach well, at least the grass wasn't too long this time...

Laughable and predictable response.

We played some might fine football in the first half and probably could have had more than 1 goal at HT. The wind increased as the 2nd half progressed. Making it tougher for us than the first half was for Utd.

Another note: How the hell was that kick not a red card?? As clear as I have seen in the whole of 2016.

Happy New Year folks!

If that Van der Velden chap paid half as much attention to developing some football talent, as he does to styling his hair and pretending to be a ballboy he might actually get somewhere. As for Edjenguele, a pauper's Bilel Moshni.

8 clean sheets this season, if that is 'bile Moshni' standard I'm no bothered

Archived