Dumbarton v Top of the League Dundee United, Hogmany 2016

Well, as Ant and Dec said about Susan Boyle, you weren't expecting that, were you ?

Sure, we rode our luck a bit a times, but given that the weather was decidedly fiercer in the second half as we faced it that was some shift our guys put in today.  And yet again, just like Rangers and Hibs before them, United demonstrated their ability to pass a team off the park without ever really hurting them - did Aldo ever have a genuine save to make today?

And I really hope the 'riot' stories about the Rock BC are inflated; there are a lot of decent guys over there who are friends of DFC. I suspect if there was trouble it would involve the pond life that only shows up there on OF days and some seriously pissed-off Arab hotheads, with both groups unable to handle a defeat, sad b*****ds the lot of them.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty bad day all round.  Hopefully some Arabs who were at the game will give us an idea of what happened.

Overall I'm not surprised, sure we've been grinding out the results but we've not been playing well.  That's going to bite us on the arse eventually.

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Pretty bad day all round.  Hopefully some Arabs who were at the game will give us an idea of what happened.

Overall I'm not surprised, sure we've been grinding out the results but we've not been playing well.  That's going to bite us on the arse eventually.

I blame you. You shat out of going like Fraser shites out of tackles.

Happy New Year.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I blame you. You shat out of going like Fraser shites out of tackles.

Happy New Year.

I'll happily accept the blame if the alternative means we were squarely beaten by a team like Dumbarton.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I'll happily accept the blame if the alternative means we were squarely beaten by a team like Dumbarton.

Our record against them down there is appalling. I'm not entirely sure why we're surprised by the result.

We owe them an 8-0 though.

Thoroughly enjoyable 90 minutes. As good a performance that we could have expected from our wee team. The wind played havoc but it was the same for both teams and United had the 'advantage' in the second half. Well done Stevie Aitken and the team.

Dundee United manager Ray McKinnon: "I think the weather summed up the day today perfectly. It was just about impossible to play football in those conditions - I'm not making excuses at all - but it's certainly not ideal weather to be playing football in, especially when you're asking a team to be very technical and play a certain way."

"We're disappointed with the result but I'm going to be mindful of the fact the team has been 13 games unbeaten and we have lost in really bad conditions today.

Ach well, at least the grass wasn't too long this time...

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And I really hope the 'riot' stories about the Rock BC are inflated; there are a lot of decent guys over there who are friends of DFC. 

Hopefully they were indeed inflated stories.

All I had to go on earlier was a call from Thirdrock Jnr who had been told of a "riot in the Rock Bowling Club" and called me to find out what I knew. I heard nothing more form him so I assume (and hope) it was much ado about nothing.

Archived