Dumbarton v Top of the League Dundee United, Hogmany 2016

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United.....taking over from Hibs as the Sons' bitches at the Rock. :thumsup2

Don't worry though, I hear Nade might be returning in time for us to play Hibs early next year, and you know how he always loves a goal against Hibs.......

Great performance from the Sons today, and I don't want to single out any particular player for MoTM, as they all did well. 

Well done lads, you've certainly came on leaps and bounds since the Bonnyrigg Rose game.

United were good at the passing game, but their shooting boots were missing. Again.

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Members only trouble ;)

There might be something in my question. Third rock Jnr is at work and called home as he'd heard of a "riot in Rock Bowling Club". Not casting any aspersions yet, but the last time the Arabs were in town, I was told they caused trouble in the RBC. 

Of course, a lot of the members of the Club will be drowning their sorrows today. Just sayin'.

16 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Third rock Jnr is at work and called home as he'd heard of a "riot in Rock Bowling Club".

A riot in a fucking bowling club. Full body minters for the United fuckmuppets involved.

19 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

There might be something in my question. Third rock Jnr is at work and called home as he'd heard of a "riot in Rock Bowling Club". Not casting any aspersions yet, but the last time the Arabs were in town, I was told they caused trouble in the RBC. 

Of course, a lot of the members of the Club will be drowning their sorrows today. Just sayin'.

Tell them to Jack it in.

On 30/12/2016 at 16:36, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, much improved. Partly down to confidence, partly playing in a settled defence and partly due to playing alongside an experienced partner. He's still quite raw but he now does the simple things well and has cut out the silly stuff. 

Both centre backs looked like bomb scares today. Thought that Edge fellow looked almost as bad as Durnan earlier in the season at the rock.

By the way, on what planet is van der Velden's kick at Buchanan not violent conduct? He was lying on the ground and blatantly kicked a player moving in the opposite direction. Red card all day long. Buchanan misses the Hibs game for reacting which is a bit silly but it was uncalled for from the United player, there wasn't really any nastyness in the game.

That late Morton goal tops today off. I'm getting pished.

If only we had more sides on our park, maybe we'd have won by more.

Great gritty win today, only one team prepared to do the dirty work and in barr, bucky, sparky and joe we 've got effort in abundance.

For all utd's use/possesion of the ball their best chances came from defenders attacking corners.

The Edge was noticeably the best Ball Boy today, tube.

The Bonnyrigg result was absolutely deserved and was a reflection of where we were as a team at that point in the season.

It could have gone one of 2 ways. The manager had a real go at his players in the press. They could have had a crisis of confidence or downed tools and we could have seriously struggled. Or it could have been the wake up call needed to get better performances from the guys.

It appears to have been the latter. Since the Bonnyrigg result we've done pretty well and it's to everybody involved's credit that rather than the heads dropping further, the guys have responded in the best possible way.

A great finish to 2016 and hopefully a sign that we've every chance of getting more results for the rest of the season.

A poor, poor result given how much was riding on it (and especially before Commons rattled in that free kick). We are still a work in progress but at the same time we have had the same frailties for most of the season and we were due to be caught out. At least we were top for Christmas, I don't like New Year anyway.

Archived