Dumbarton v Top of the League Dundee United, Hogmany 2016

Dumbarton enter their last game of 2016 on the back of a never-say-die 8 goal thriller against Ayr, while table-topping United enter on a hot streak having 7 clean sheets out of 9 since the two teams last met, a 2-1 win for United.

Struggling to see past a two goal United win. The Edge MotM for the 6th game running.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one, but with Hibs at Falkirk it could be a chance to pull away a bit at the top (before they inevitably overtake us and win the league by 10+ points, obviously).

Big Willie Edge with a towering headed winner in his last game before his £7 million move to Inter Milan.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I doubt it, but if he's a free agent can he not sign for someone at any point?

Because he left Stranraer during the season then I don't think he can play/sign for another club until the window opens. @Skyline Drifter will be able to confirm though.

14 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Can he play in december but sign in the january window?

Nope, can't play trialists in this league.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Because he left Stranraer during the season then I don't think he can play/sign for another club until the window opens. @Skyline Drifter will be able to confirm though.

Nope, can't play trialists in this league.

If he left Stranraer after the window shut (I think he did) then he cant sign anywhere professionally until the window opens. He can (and did for Annan) turn out as an unsigned trialist but as you rightly say no trialists allowed in the Championship.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

If he left Stranraer after the window shut (I think he did) then he cant sign anywhere professionally until the window opens. He can (and did for Annan) turn out as an unsigned trialist but as you rightly say no trialists allowed in the Championship.

Cheers, aye he left them in November (IIRC).

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Going down to this.  It's al least 15 years since I've been to Dumbarton, any advice on where to park will be gratefully received. 

At the ground for pound (but gets you a 50/50 draw ticket) or for free on any of the surrounding streets. Should be plenty space available.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Going down to this.  It's al least 15 years since I've been to Dumbarton, any advice on where to park will be gratefully received. 

You can park at the Stadium, costs £1 and you get a free half-time Draw ticket.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

At the ground for pound (but gets you a 50/50 draw ticket) or for free on any of the surrounding streets. Should be plenty space available.

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

You can park at the Stadium, costs £1 and you get a free half-time Draw ticket.

Cheers guys, I'll go with that option.

Archived