St Mirren v Greenock Morton 31/12/16

Second half pretty even until the sending off. We totally shat it and starting sitting deeper and deeper, even jack ross was going mental on the touchline trying to get them to push up. Morton definitely deserved a point....That said, I blame jack Ross for the awful substitutions he made this afternoon, taking off Quinn when McGennis was struggling with injury & bring on McLear?? For me, the young lad isn't ready, he made absolutely no impact on the game and it was a terrible decision. Then he brings Clarkston on

I don't think the sending off had anything to do with it really, it was a coincidence as it was same time as Quinn left.

In recent weeks when Quinn has subbed off = midfield struggles to get going and losing Magennis was massive.

I know it was the joke that Quinn was being made better every week out but we are so desperate for a holding player Jack is happy to play him even if he can only do 60.

I disagree with who Jack brought on. He'd have probably been better bringing on Shankland and Baird and just giving up on CM, ESP when Magennis was injured.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-match there were very few scenarios I could see that would have me feeling happy with a point, but a 94th minute equaliser with 10 men will do the trick. We were absolutely dreadful but with Falkirk losing as well that has to go down as a good day for us. We're a massively inferior team without Quitongo as it is before we replace Oliver with fucking Oyenuga rather than Scullion, but we got away with it: it's pretty incredible how quickly St. Mirren went to bits with Quinn off despite having a man advantage.

Pre-match there were very few scenarios I could see that would have me feeling happy with a point, but a 94th minute equaliser with 10 men will do the trick. We were absolutely dreadful but with Falkirk losing as well that has to go down as a good day for us. We're a massively inferior team without Quitongo as it is before we replace Oliver with fucking Oyenuga rather than Scullion, but we got away with it: it's pretty incredible how quickly St. Mirren went to bits with Quinn off despite having a man advantage.

Losing Quinn was a turning point, but also Magennis got injured, McAllister was done, and Morgan was really struggling with cramp.

We really need to strengthen the midfield. Magennis and McAllister have made a real difference, but these boys have gone from playing virtually no first team football in September, to 90mins week in week out. It's not surprising to see them struggle to last 90mins.

16 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Forbes is an outstanding player at this level. Seriously under-rated. He doesn't get the press coverageof a Mallan but I agree his product is much more consistent, or at least appears to be against us.

If he had more pace/mobility about him he'd be very capable of playing well in the Premiership every week. 

If he had more pace/mobility about him he'd be very capable of playing well in the Premiership every week. 

Agree. He actually puts in a fair amount of work but zero pace at all. One footed as well and always tries to make defenders think he'll use his right and it never works.

He's gifted though. A truly brilliant player for us.

The thing that stuck me more than anything else was quick the St Mirren stands emptied when we equalised, that was the most pleasing thing as it showed just how much of a sickner our goal was.
Secondly Im surprised to see on other forums that some St Mirren fans said they saw our goal coming, not one Morton fan round about me saw it, a lot saying it was one of the worst performances of the season but the thing about this Morton team is they have spirit, they fight for each other and they are all in it together and keep going to the death as we saw today.

To be fair big G behind me was adamant we'd equalise [emoji3]

20 minutes ago, Gert.T.Fock said:

I love the over confidence that we will go down. I and fellow buddies will revisit this topic in the coming months and i don't expect grovelling apologies when we stay up comfortably.

Well you shouldn't expect them, as you'll be going down.

I don't think the sending off had anything to do with it really, it was a coincidence as it was same time as Quinn left.
In recent weeks when Quinn has subbed off = midfield struggles to get going and losing Magennis was massive.
I know it was the joke that Quinn was being made better every week out but we are so desperate for a holding player Jack is happy to play him even if he can only do 60.
I disagree with who Jack brought on. He'd have probably been better bringing on Shankland and Baird and just giving up on CM, ESP when Magennis was injured.

It may have been a coincidence on this occasion but we always seem to struggle when a team gets a man sent off for whatever reason.

100% Jack Ross blundered with his substitutions yesterday, don't understand his thinking with both his subs. McLear & Clarkson ain't good enough,imo.

On the holding midfield position, I assume the boy Storie from Aberdeen plays in that position?

Archived