St Mirren v Greenock Morton 31/12/16

That was everything about what is wrong with us as a team.

Game pretty level, with neither team excelling - then Morton get a man sent off, and for the rest of the game they are in the ascendancy.

Saints have no confidence and no composure when things like that happen.

A midfield of 5 inexperienced to very inexperienced players just crumbled with the expectancy when Morton lost a player.

On the other hand, even before the game had resumed after the red card, Morton's captain (I assume) got the whole team in to a mini-huddle and galvanised them.

No complaints from us on the result, but our last three games have seen us drop 4 points from winning positions - at home, against Ayr & Morton - and failing to take a point away to United when we really should have.

For us to get out of the position we are in, we need to be taking those points - deserved or not - but we ain't.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Stu said:

Could see that coming a mile off. The way we sat in after going down to 10 men made me think we'd appointed Gus as manager after all.

Further proof we are going down.

Pleasing. 

Now get down and enjoy the wonders of the seaside leagues.

Draw probably a fair result in the end up. You can see where we are lacking as a team. It's not just the strikers, we lacked a final ball and our decision making in the final 3rd was woeful.

Don't know what McDonagh was thinking with that sending off. Let himself and the team down. He's a very promising RB, but he becomes a very average player when played up front.

Brilliant to score right at the end - couldn't have scripted that any better :lol:

Over to the manager and the chairman now to strengthen the squad for the run in. Gunning and a striker at the very least! 

44 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Aye imagine celebrating a last minute equaliser against your rivals despite being down to 10 men and having Kudus Oyenuga lead the line.

You absolutely deserve to enjoy that every bit as much as you did.

Can't beat a 93rd minute equaliser, away from home, down to 10 men, against a team who've had the Indian sign over you for a generation.

Enjoy your night chaps!

10 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Draw probably a fair result in the end up. You can see where we are lacking as a team. It's not just the strikers, we lacked a final ball and our decision making in the final 3rd was woeful.

Don't know what McDonagh was thinking with that sending off. Let himself and the team down. He's a very promising RB, but he becomes a very average player when played up front.

Brilliant to score right at the end - couldn't have scripted that any better :lol:

Over to the manager and the chairman now to strengthen the squad for the run in. Gunning and a striker at the very least! 

One of your players - possibly the number 11 - walked over to him afterwards and clearly asked him "What the f**k?!" which, looking back, was probably my highlight of the day.

He seemed to be quite worked up today. At one point in the first half he tried squaring up to MacKenzie, who just laughed at him.

Forbes' set-piece delivery was fantastic, I know we scored from one of his corners but I wish Mallan was as consistently good at delivering a corner or free-kick as that.

That was everything about what is wrong with us as a team.
Game pretty level, with neither team excelling - then Morton get a man sent off, and for the rest of the game they are in the ascendancy.
Saints have no confidence and no composure when things like that happen.
A midfield of 5 inexperienced to very inexperienced players just crumbled with the expectancy when Morton lost a player.
On the other hand, even before the game had resumed after the red card, Morton's captain (I assume) got the whole team in to a mini-huddle and galvanised them.
No complaints from us on the result, but our last three games have seen us drop 4 points from winning positions - at home, against Ayr & Morton - and failing to take a point away to United when we really should have.
For us to get out of the position we are in, we need to be taking those points - deserved or not - but we ain't.

1483212688442.jpg.d6511da4868ad0b53a244a

1483212714094.jpg.a7e384cb42a8d8f47e9f5c

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

You absolutely deserve to enjoy that every much as you did.

Can't beat a 93rd minute equaliser, away from home, down to 10 men, against a team who've had the Indian sign over you for a generation.

Enjoy your night chaps!

Far too magnanimous for me. Booooo.

8 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

You obviously need clued up on what a meme actually is.

" MEME: an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations. "

Ah, you're right.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

You seem to be rather upset about Sir Gavin Gunning's rousing personal role in your wretched, New Year's relegation clincher. That's a wee shame.

1483213475316.jpg

Not in the slightest.

Brilliant play by him, and clearly the difference between the two teams.

We had nobody capable of getting a hold of us and telling us how to play after that incident.

Gunning got you that extra point - he did an excellent job - just wish we had someone like that.

Not in the slightest.
Brilliant play by him, and clearly the difference between the two teams.
We had nobody capable of getting a hold of us and telling us how to play after that incident.
Gunning got you that extra point - he did an excellent job - just wish we had someone like that.

Sir Gavin has just relegated your rabble. And he thoroughly enjoyed it too.

GIUY.

1483215013729.jpg.5e7b7414a672164f74bdf1

The thing that stuck me more than anything else was quick the St Mirren stands emptied when we equalised, that was the most pleasing thing as it showed just how much of a sickner our goal was.
Secondly Im surprised to see on other forums that some St Mirren fans said they saw our goal coming, not one Morton fan round about me saw it, a lot saying it was one of the worst performances of the season but the thing about this Morton team is they have spirit, they fight for each other and they are all in it together and keep going to the death as we saw today.

Archived