St Mirren v Greenock Morton 31/12/16

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't have any players capable of kicking anyone.

Feel free to take us on playing football, it's what our midfield is doing best at present. We've been creating a lot of chances, but sadly we aren't clinical enough in front of goal.

Unfortunately, our defence continues to be the gift that keeps giving.

37 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We don't have any players capable of kicking anyone.

Feel free to take us on playing football, it's what our midfield is doing best at present

Gladly. That's how we pumped you the first time.

I'm very disappointed

Rolling out the standard your raging replies instead of engaging in any banter whatsoever.

Ah well

Off to work in Greenock today. Least the Ton fans down there actually engage instead of offering nothing.

Prediction - St Mirren 2 Soapdodgers 1

Nobody is posting here for your entertainment, you gormless cretin. Do one.

Looking forward to this game a bit more than the last game. We are in a slightly better place than before and with the game being played at home we've got to be more confident. I'd take a draw just now but would love to win.

However, this is potentially the worst St Mirren team in history so.....

I think the game at Cappielow will end up being the defining game of this season. 

Walsh and Hutton haven't been seen since as Jack as put the faith in youngsters. Rocco coming back has also been important. 

Kyle McAllister is a gem of a player. 

I still think the best we can hope for is 11th but it's going to be a very different team on Saturday than you've seen on our two previous meetings.

Nobody is posting here for your entertainment, you gormless cretin. Do one.

My word you are easily rattled big boy

You certainly ain't providing insight or entertainment that's for sure

That's twice now you have resorted to insults.

A shame really.

Hope we pump you just so you're raging

I think the game at Cappielow will end up being the defining game of this season. 
Walsh and Hutton haven't been seen since as Jack as put the faith in youngsters. Rocco coming back has also been important. 
Kyle McAllister is a gem of a player. 
I still think the best we can hope for is 11th but it's going to be a very different team on Saturday than you've seen on our two previous meetings.

Agree with league placing

Any time we pick up points our rivals match us or do better ☹️

On 27/12/2016 at 12:13, virginton said:

How many years in a row now have gormless losers like yourself tried to peddle the "thur best moment is enjoying oor demise" line? You've been woeful for years and are hopelessly out of your depth at this level every season. Watching you fail is a standard Saturday routine by now.

You're simply a crap football club, far beneath the standard set by The Famous. That is your place in the pecking order; deal with it.

I realise this will probably result in some ridiculously hilarious answer; however I will ask anyway and excuse my ignorance. What exactly is the standard set by Morton? 

We have been at this level for 1.5 years now, in recent times, at no point last season did Saints look "hopelessly out of your depth". We have had an extremely poor season so far however I think being hopelessly out of our depth might stretch it a bit, like I hinted to earlier in the thread I think that Morton fans have been prone to a bit of exaggeration regarding the current Saints team. For a team to look hopelessly out of their depth I would expect a points tally of 0 and hammerings each week - neither of which Saints have. 

St Mirren are performing well below the standard set by previous St Mirren teams not any standard set by Morton. I don't think any Saints fan would use Morton as a marker for how the team are performing. 

I'm happy to read about the various successes of Morton over recent years (call it a decade), if that leads to the conclusion that there is some sort of pecking order between the sides then I will also happily "deal with it".

57 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

I'm happy to read about the various successes of Morton over recent years (call it a decade),

I'm sure that they'll be able to post pictures of their successes to a similar level of this one.:rolleyes:

st-mirren-hearts_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm sure that they'll be able to post pictures of their successes to a similar level of this one.:rolleyes:

st-mirren-hearts_1.jpg

Sorry to, burst your wee black & white bubble mate, but there's no future in the past. It's all about the present.

Nae luck, eh?

4 hours ago, Silvio said:

11th place, you say - in a league of ten teams?

Excellent. Well played.

I mind years ago in the late 90s when the team was at it's lowest ebb. We were in real danger of going down (though not as much as we are now) and Tom Hendrie had just been appointed. He came in and made some fucking mental decisions, like signing David Cameron (the ex squaddie diddy, bringing back the maligned Tommy Turner from his exile at Queen's Park and placing him at sweeper as captain and trying out the previously unheard of Ludo Roy.

We went to Cappielow in his 1st or 2nd game and got a credible 0-0 draw when we feared a doing from Morton who were going relatively well at that point. We played solidly and cohesively and a lot of folk came away saying how we just might have something about us to salvage the train wreck (again, at that point....that season was like Holland 1974 compared to this one). We went on a very decent run and ended up in 5th but that game always stuck out as a bit of a turning point in that season. I'm hoping to f**k Saturday is the same and history will repeat itself a bit.

Of course, Morton did ride us 5-1 with 10 men in the following meeting as I'm sure everyone is aware but by that point our season was safe.

Archived