Hogmanay Plans

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will watch as much football as possible until around 6pm. Out for dinner with the missus then going to some shite local club to see a mates band, and on the bevvy until I pass out or run out of cash.

Lost my appetite for Hogmanay. Ages15-28ish I enjoyed it but have steadily lost interest. It was often quite an eventful night. Ended one in bed with a girl from Brucefield (Steve Irwin never encountered anything so dangerous). One involved getting hit by a car, trip to the old ERI, an adrenaline shot then phoning my now wife from a payphone (then someone else's wife) to declare my love for her. One involved a fallout with a now ex-brother in law (he alleged I threw various heavy garden objects at him).

I'm no arsed with it these days. I used to enjoy it when it just used to happen but it all seems so contrived these days. Getting blasted from all angles with "you must do this, or this, or this, etc" to ensure you have a great time. Does anybody go first footing anymore.....?? 

That and most people will actually end up doing nothing any different from what they do every weekend. Drink, get drunk.

I am a right miserable b*****d today :lol: 

Happy n'eer guys, whatever you plan to do :) 

It's looking like a slap up meal, the tea-time game, then filling a bucket with ice, beers, wine and chilling with the missus and watching whatever guff is on the telly. 

It was only a few years back i was waking up on new years day wearing a sombrero i had acquired at some point during the night and spooning a bottle of buckfast. That was a fun meal on new years day. 

On the millennium, when we all waited on the Millennium Bug to bring the world to a halt, I cut a deal with my boss to rent out his flat on the Thames for him. He was going out with no plans to come back for a day or two anyway. Split £800 with the boss. He went off for a night of hard drugs and hard cock and I went to Pizza Express.  

Im nowhere near Falkirk sadly so that isn't an option. I still enjoy a few beers for the old firm despite hating each side involved, usually a good piss up so hope I can wriggle out of having to remain sober and driving.

Hogmanay is for complete bell ends. The types who thrive on the attention of shaking every cünts hand at midnight yet wouldn't look at the road your on the other 364 days of year. They fannys who lap up heaving pubs and higher prices, the wänkers who are daft enough to pay the taxi prices to get up the road.

It's a heap of shite and I'll be spending it like any normal night, I'll be in my bed for half 10 with an egg in the pot for the morning

Treat yourself. Have a w**k.

I used to enjoy an Old Firm game years ago because despite my hate for both teams you were almost guaranteed bad blood, bad tackles and tempers flaring. Its been years since that was the case.

The last few I have watched have been shite teams going through the motions and now the only pleasure is hoping for something statement-worthy to happen in the stands so that Rainjurs can humiliate themselves again

I suppose so, I'm usually only there for the banter and a few beers anyway so it's always a good fixture.

No interest in going out on a mad one and being hungover on the first though, the joys of being 30.

Up until midnight I can handle, it's like a normal night out that can be a hit or a miss, I can't be doing with the once a year drinkers, chippys upping the prices, the extortionate taxis etc and the rest of it. Around 2008/09 I got charged over a tenner for a supper in the chippy next to the festival theatre

Come midnight though every cünt and there granny wants to cuddle you, shake your hand and give you a peck on the cheek for the ladies. For the people who's company I'm in then no problem, people I see who I know well enough while out fair doo's. It's the arseholes who you've never crossed paths with before who want to shake your hand and all the rest off it. Then you get the screeching young women who's voices you could cut cheese with who can barely stand and are trying to cuddle you and talking constant shite

I gave up on new year around 2007 then for years after it was the only an excuse effect. It might be better. No it never was.

Two years ago I was choked with the flu so stayed in, last year I found my bollocks and told my pals I wasn't going out because it's usually shite. This year is the exact same

I've often fancied going away for it but time off work is a rarity at my bit.

3 minutes ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Up until midnight I can handle, it's like a normal night out that can be a hit or a miss, I can't be doing with the once a year drinkers, chippys upping the prices, the extortionate taxis etc and the rest of it. Around 2008/09 I got charged over a tenner for a supper in the chippy next to the festival theatre

Come midnight though every cünt and there granny wants to cuddle you, shake your hand and give you a peck on the cheek for the ladies. For the people who's company I'm in then no problem, people I see who I know well enough while out fair doo's. It's the arseholes who you've never crossed paths with before who want to shake your hand and all the rest off it. Then you get the screeching young women who's voices you could cut cheese with who can barely stand and are trying to cuddle you and talking constant shite

I gave up on new year around 2007 then for years after it was the only an excuse effect. It might be better. No it never was.

Two years ago I was choked with the flu so stayed in, last year I found my bollocks and told my pals I wasn't going out because it's usually shite. This year is the exact same

You should have kept hold of them.

Archived