Hogmanay Plans

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to persuade my pals to do something now is impossible, Most have been told by their partners where they're going. 

Can't really be bothered this year to be honest. 

Going to a party at a friends house. Various friends with kids at different ages will be attending. Kids wreck the bedrooms upstairs while the adults congregate in the downstairs rooms for a few drinks and a natter.

We don't have Hogmanay but going out for NYE still seems to be pretty much compulsory down here. Happy to go for a drink any night of the year but can't really be arsed with the once-a-year drinkers making it take ages to get served at the bar and meaning I have to pay a fiver to get into a pub that's free any other day.

I never look forward to it.

I'll still enjoy myself once I get going, no doubt. That's what happens every year.

Apart from people being generally friendlier I've never found going out on Hogmanay in Glasgow a massively different experience to going out any other day of the year. In fact with the massive wait to get a taxi in the pishing rain and the hike in bevvy prices it's probably worse.

It's mostly Facebook be a wear types that kid on it was the best night of their lives trying to look like they are #wild.

Going to the Celtic match at Ibrox during the day, a few post match pints when I get back off the supporters bus, may or may not have my kids at night, if they are at mine we will stay up for the bells and I'll stick some sausage rolls, pigs in blankets, mini quiches etc in the oven then head to bed about 1am.

If they arent at mine will possibly have a few scoops at mine or at one of my mates but not till silly o'clock as I will have the kids for Steak Pie dinner the following day instead.

New Year is generally a pile of cack but, you do lose enthusiasm for things like this as you get older and have children and gradually cant be arsed with these types of occasion anymore.

Archived