Royal Rumble 2017

JamieStevenson

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lack of surprises or star power for large parts. Some good wrestling throughout. Popped at Goldberg demolishing Lesnar and Taker eliminating Goldberg. Other than that, it was shite. Whilst not a predictable finish incredibly underwhelming and explains why they've been saying 'main eventing' Wrestlemania rather than fighting for the title this time round.

6 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Orton vs Wyatt.
Lesnar vs Goldberg
Reigns vs Taker
Jericho vs Owens
Big Show vs Shaq

Would have AJ win EC and goes on to challenge Orton and Wyatt triple threat

and Cena v Joe. Plus Triple H v Rollins. 

42 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Orton vs Wyatt.
Lesnar vs Goldberg
Reigns vs Taker
Jericho vs Owens
Big Show vs Shaq

Thing is, they could've drawn up that card with Jericho winning the Rumble, and avoided the massive dump the crowd took on Reigns entering at 30.  Shiter of a finish to an otherwise decent enough Rumble.  I swear they cut off their noses to spite their faces.  The only reason I can come up with for doing that with him entering at all was to get Orton winning it more 'over'.  Orton v Wyatt doesn't need a title on the line, but if it means Wyatt gets the title at EC, fair enough.  Doesn't leave much for Cena & AJ to do though, unless they actually push through to Cena v Orton again instead.  Ugh.

Tye at 10 was a nice bit of fan service, the WWE title match was fantastic, and the rest of the card was decent too, that said.

Would I be playing devil's advocate and say that Orton has the choice of which title to go for?

Elimination chamber is a SmackDown PPV, Wyatt wins it thus challenging Cena to another PPV match (for the title)

Orton decides to chase after the universal title and challenge Owens.

Does this mean we could potentially, and at the end of, have both "surviving" members of the Wyatt family holding the big titles from each show at the end of wrestlemania. (A benoit/guerrerro moment)

After tonight it seems this can be the potential outcome I can see.

Great booking if possible as I see Owens v Orton as dynamite.

BTW I thought Jericho was winning at the start of the night (give him the only big thing he hasn't won and a shot at Owens at WM. Even if he had lost it wouldn't be detrimental to him as he would have put Owens over big time!)

You'd imagine Y2J or Owens has to drop their belt before Mania. Depends what they try for Fastlane I guess. I can't see who'd take on Owens. Roman rematch? Or did they set up a short term fix with Roman vs Strowman? Goldberg is advertised for Fastlane I'm sure..... Beats Owens and defends vs Lesnar in the MAIN EVENT of WrestleMania :huh:

That would be utterly horrific. A survivor series match hyped up to f**k, ends in a squash match lasting less than a minute. A continued build up to Lesnar and Goldberg, heading into the rumble, Lesnar looks like a beast then is ragdolled like a little girl in even less time! What are they planning next for those two? Their previous WM match is probably the worst match I have ever witnessed, I can't believe they are potentially hyping up this pish again!

Even thinking about putting Goldberg in the title picture is laughable, I'm not a booker but I'm sure I could do a hell of a better job than these guys are doing.

Having not watched WWE at all since Mania 2 years ago (I think - the one where Rusev came out in the tank) I'm going to get up soon and watch the Rumble and hope it can revitalise some of the old passion I had. Watched it pretty religiously from 2010 until that aforementioned Mania.

That would be utterly horrific. A survivor series match hyped up to f**k, ends in a squash match lasting less than a minute. A continued build up to Lesnar and Goldberg, heading into the rumble, Lesnar looks like a beast then is ragdolled like a little girl in even less time! What are they planning next for those two? Their previous WM match is probably the worst match I have ever witnessed, I can't believe they are potentially hyping up this pish again!

Even thinking about putting Goldberg in the title picture is laughable, I'm not a booker but I'm sure I could do a hell of a better job than these guys are doing.

Away and watch Ring of Honor in a high school PE hall then ya dork.

That rumble match was quite disappointing really. With the entrants they had it had alot of potential.. But not one surprise entrant or legend returning etc! Reigns at 30 then going on to eliminate the Undertaker was a joke, especially when they're muting the crowd booing. Fair enough if it was to give him a heel push, but it's not.. If he beats Undertaker at Mania I'm done. 

I hadn't even thought that maybe WWE were using Reigns' heat to garner a positive response to Orton winning. If a surprise entrant came in at 30 and Orton won, everyone would be massively underwhelmed. But due to the "anyone but Roman" mindset it was a sigh of relief that Orton won.

I feel that Styles is going to be an afterthought at Mania unless he has a final blow out against Cena. And I'm not sure where Joe and Balor fit in.

Just finished watching it. Disappointing Rumble match imo. No real surprise entrants apart from Mark Henry and Tye Dillinger and when it was time for number 30 I was hoping for a HBK or a Kurt Angle to come out, instead we get Reigns. Brilliant.:thumbsdown

Chucks Taker out then Jericho and then Wyatt but luckily Randy was on hand to Clotheline the c**t over the ropes, although Orton winning isn't what I would've wanted it's better than Reigns. 

Cena vs AJ was fantastic. Big match John prevailing as champ, can maybe see him loosing at the EC though.

Archived