Saints assistant

Craig fraser (carrot) is the new assistant manager of Saints. He turned down down mids job as rab Cameron may be stepping down at end of season and feels that saints match his ambitions.  what do people make of the appointment?? 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Scott Milligan was assistant. 
With regards carrot the guy was poor at ym and average at lochar so if that's the pedigree saints are after I'm sure he will fit in well.
the guy seems to rate himself and tout himself about a fair bit so good luck to him.

He won about 2 games at YM, they haven't won since he left if i remember correct! Not even sure they have drawn a game since either... Made a difference at a team who are very poor on the park!

At Lochar, results didn't reflect their performances and he did win them their first south trophy last season! Meanwhile, this season, he lead them to a brilliant start (top 3 or 4 until he left) and the team hasn't been the same since! But if that's what you call average I'd love to hear what you have to say about Wigtown...

If it is the true though, I wish him all the very best and I am certain that if Rab steps down to be replaced by Craig, then saints are in safe hands to continue to challenge for the title

8 hours ago, theProdigy said:

He won about 2 games at YM, they haven't won since he left if i remember correct! Not even sure they have drawn a game since either... Made a difference at a team who are very poor on the park!

At Lochar, results didn't reflect their performances and he did win them their first south trophy last season! Meanwhile, this season, he lead them to a brilliant start (top 3 or 4 until he left) and the team hasn't been the same since! But if that's what you call average I'd love to hear what you have to say about Wigtown...

If it is the true though, I wish him all the very best and I am certain that if Rab steps down to be replaced by Craig, then saints are in safe hands to continue to challenge for the title

What a load of pish

On 21/12/2016 at 08:30, Bigstuff said:

What a load of pish

Personally I think Craig did a great job at YM transforming a team that were consistently being well beaten and sometimes shipping double figures of goals into an outfit that could at the very least battle at this level and turn in far more respectable results. At Lochar as was mentioned in a previous post he won their first trophy at the end of last season and his team started this campaign brilliantly winning 5 of their opening 6 fixtures with only one narrow defeat to Saints as the only blemish on their record before his departure. They subsequently lost their next 4 games in the South so your analysis of his coaching abilities are , to coin you're own phrase ' a load of pish ' in my opinion. 

I think he'll be a real asset to Saints and would like to wish him all the best in his new role 

Personally I think Craig did a great job at YM transforming a team that were consistently being well beaten and sometimes shipping double figures of goals into an outfit that could at the very least battle at this level and turn in far more respectable results. At Lochar as was mentioned in a previous post he won their first trophy at the end of last season and his team started this campaign brilliantly winning 5 of their opening 6 fixtures with only one narrow defeat to Saints as the only blemish on their record before his departure. They subsequently lost their next 4 games in the South so your analysis of his coaching abilities are , to coin you're own phrase ' a load of pish ' in my opinion. 
I think he'll be a real asset to Saints and would like to wish him all the best in his new role 

At least someone agrees with me... Was starting to think I'd lost the plot or thought of the wrong man!

• 2 months later...
I thought Scott Milligan was assistant. 
With regards carrot the guy was poor at ym and average at lochar so if that's the pedigree saints are after I'm sure he will fit in well.
the guy seems to rate himself and tout himself about a fair bit so good luck to him.

Agree with Gingerbreadman Carrot's pedigree is poor his level is Dumfries Sunday Amateur League at best. The job is too big for him at St Cuthberts and I'm sure he will prove that.

Agree with Gingerbreadman Carrot's pedigree is poor his level is Dumfries Sunday Amateur League at best. The job is too big for him at St Cuthberts and I'm sure he will prove that.

Won YM their first game in the south (with a team that was embarrassing at best)...
Won Lochar their first cup...
Had Lochar in the top 2 when he left...

Don't think he was that poor! But that's only my opinion

Just read an interesting article in the Galloway News last night about the St Cuthberts position. I notice Craig Fraser is the one doing the interview. I think Raymond the other lad will find himself pushed to the side before too long. He also says he will be talking to players in the Dumfries area? Will he go after some of his ex players at Lochar?

53 minutes ago, Aguerooooo said:

Just read an interesting article in the Galloway News last night about the St Cuthberts position. I notice Craig Fraser is the one doing the interview. I think Raymond the other lad will find himself pushed to the side before too long. He also says he will be talking to players in the Dumfries area? Will he go after some of his ex players at Lochar?

I'm the one who wrote it and I wouldn't read too much into that aspect. I asked someone (not connected to the club) if they had a number for either of them and he gave me Craig's. Could just as easily have been Raymond's.

Abbey Vale have two co-managers and, for the most part, I only deal with one - doesn't mean he has any more or less say than the other one.

Really don't know why the SOS League gets bad press. It's a decent league and there are some cracking players in it. On their day, YM apart, most teams could beat each other which shows its competitive. Nithsdale, Heston and Lochar have all been in finals this season

• 4 weeks later...

Now that carrot has his knife out of  rabs back it's no surprise to see him commenting in press every week. Loves a bit of self promotion . Wonder how long til he throws razor under bus ? He'll be planting seeds amongst committee already. Worth noting saints have been considerably worse since the special carrot rocked up! 

Word is the special carrot is on the way out ? 

He's not happy with the SET UP ? 

Being the manager he is saints are not professional enough ?

He has (absolutely no disrespect to the YM or Lochar) only won 7 games of football as a manager?? 

But we're not good enough  ? 

Gingerbreadman, of course saints have been worse since the Carrot took the helm. They are all Rab Cameron's players and stories are the players can't wait for the season to end so they can get far away from there as possible. They don't want to play for the guy.
I'm sure I read in Galloway News that a number of players had signed for next season??? I'm sure that's false information but could be wrong?

Unfortunately for saints.The article in the Galloway news was misleading?

NONE of the current squad have put pen to paper. A few have told us that they are waiting until the end of the season to make up there minds ? With the exception of scooby and milly who have point blank refused to even speak to carrot. 

To be honest we expect a mass exodus at the end of the season. 

We shall then see the pulling power our current management team have ? 

We feel that Razor is somewhat being overlooked as the whole show seems to revolving around the man who rates himself very highly  " it's about my career" is a quote he has been widely using.

Bring back Rab Cameron all is forgiven!!

It will be very interesting to see how who and where Saints will replace their current batch of players? Could be dark days again down Kirkcudbright way from next season. Personally can't see many players venturing to Saints even if the dip into their coffers.

Archived