Who the heck is that

On 20/12/2016 at 22:47, lionel wickson said:

A former Sons player in this one, fifth from the left in the back row.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9MpDXTHIZQY/hqdefault.jpg

Another ex Son

Image result for brian heron rangers

Image result for ipswich joe davin

Image result for ipswich john bolton

Two ex Sons who both previously played at the same time for a top tier English side, although their later Sons careers were separated by by a couple of seasons.

In case anyone is still interested, the player in the orange strip wearing "12" is Walter Smith.

The next one down is Brian Heron in his Rangers days.

Finally, the bottom two pictures are of Joe Davin and our 1972 Championship winning captain Jack Bolton. Both played in the same Ipswich Town team, a couple of seasons after Ipswich were English champions under Alf Ramsey.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2016 at 18:54, diegomarahenry said:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

The one on the left

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

I tried to search for pictures of Finnish international Tommy Pavola but all the results were for someone called Melanie Pavola which was no bad thing

Can't be arsed trawling through the thread to see if anyone got them correct, 

1. Barry Prenderville, signed from Coventry after being on loan at Hibs. 

2. Ross Tannock, first player I ever saw being boo'd on to the park, one of Stainrods finest, sells boats in Florida now

3.Richie Williams, A Burley signing I think, USA international who was assistant to Bruce Arena, Currently assistant at Real Salt Lake

4. Thomas Gill, 5 caps for Norway, was at the 98 world cup and signed for a reported 3.5k a week, lasted 2 months before being punted

5. Niclas Nylen, Swedish international, Stainrod signing, an absolute class act who we were never going to keep, went back to Malmo

6.Bruce Murray, USA international but his family stayed locally, wasn't very good.

7. Brian Bilsland, Junior player signed when Stainrod decided he could turn junior players in to world beaters, he was one of the better ones but still poor

8. Evan Balfour, signed from Airdrie, got an eye injury and I think he quit to be a fireman

The guy on the left is easy, the one on the right should be too. Who's the guy in between them?
1997.2.18 Morton v Dundee.jpg

Derek Collins left, Steve McCahill right & Barry Mason centre after scoring a Scottish Cup replay winning goal at Dens Park[emoji41]

Just now, axeman said:

Derek Collins left, Steve McCahill right & Barry Mason centre after scoring a Scottish Cup replay winning goal at Dens Parkemoji41.png

Mason's only goal for Morton. Pretty much disappeared without trace after that game.

Archived