Xmas Eve Plans

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to be the best night of the year for going out and getting bang on it.

I was out every year from the age of 15 till I patched it a few years back as thought (rightly) it would be the last Christmas my old dear would be alive so I didn't want to start the day off waking up in a pool of piss...

Since then I've never been out on Christmas Eve - just broke the habit and now I can't be arsed. The missus is wanting to "go and visit Christmas markets and drink mulled wine" during the day- I can't think of anything much worse - I'd have used the excuse that I was going to the fitba to avoid it but we are away to Stranraer- that sounds equally bad...

Away through to the Girlfriends mum's early doors to drop her off and have a coffee, I'll bail out before the nightmare grandparents arrive to take them to Glasgow where she is spending Christmas. I'll then head around to my Grandads to help him with some housework and take the dog. 

Home for tea, then pub with my pals. 

Dinner with the folks and their friends who are up from Kent, then a few hours of quiet before going to the pub and stoating home steaming at 2 in the morning. It's been that way since I was 17 so I see no reason why this year should be any different!

Butcher in the morning.

Then home, and assuming no last-minute hiccups that'll be me in until after the shops shut. Then at night we normally head out to the midnight carol service. I'm not particularly religious, but I do enjoy carols on Christmas Eve. 

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

Butcher in the morning.

Then home, and assuming no last-minute hiccups that'll be me in until after the shops shut. Then at night we normally head out to the midnight carol service. I'm not particularly religious, but I do enjoy carols on Christmas Eve. 

I'll let someone else get this one.

I wouldn't go out and get steaming on Christmas Eve as I don't want to be hungover on Christmas Day. One time when I was 18/19 I was hammered on a night out and had a stinking hangover on Christmas Day. Was actually quite sad having my parents have to drag me out of bed on the day when In the previous years it was the other way round.

Archived