• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Please please PLEASE someone confirm this.

Confirmed, most importantly you have to remember to clap twice after the words "we've got". Class song :D

Ironically sang by the Derry from 2-2 onwards. 

Hearts were outstanding in the first half and should really  have been 4 up. The Cowie injury seemed to disrupt the flow of the game and credit to Dundee, they done well to get back into it. Liam Smith had a nightmare and basically sold the jerseys, that's something that can't be blamed on Cathro.
Saw enough in the first half to be positive. It will take time and new players but this will work.

Hearts were impressive in the first half. Yet again our midfield seemed non existent. The boy Djoum was excellent, as was Walker. We just don't have anybody as good as those players.

It's a miracle what happened after we went 2 down. I'm going to have to watch the game on DeeTV to see what happened. I noticed we were making headway down the right side, but I don't have a good view of that side from my seat. We seemed to fight a bit more after getting one back, and a few loose balls began to go to our players.

I don't think we're too far away from being a safe-ish mid-table team. This result will hopefully see us kick on.

Matt Lockwood was the first player I ever noticed that went round the whole home support (Or to the away section if we were playing away) and clapped the fans win, lose or draw, whether we were pumped off United and booed off the park or winning the Championship.

Gadzhalov and O'Dea seem to be firmly in that camp. Love the two of them.

Here's a debatable question - Did Gomis decide he didn't fancy it again during a midweek game? (Mind County) Or did Hartley tear into him at HT and hook him? Julen put in a big performance by the way in the 2nd half. We looked much more resolute when he came on. He was firmly my last choice centre half, but based on tonight he's jumped ahead of Gomis in the pecking order for me.

Anyone catch Gomis going mental at Kerr in the first half? Thought Kerr was going to be knocked out for a second!

Fine lines......If we'd been 3 or 4 down at half time we couldn't have complained, we were pretty brutal to be honest, couldn't string two passes together and basically the tactics were two banks across the park and a big punt up to Haber, who I felt came on to a great game and won countless headers and knock ons..... oh for a goalscorer like Kane Hemmings to be playing off him! People were screaming for Hartley's head at two nil but who could blame them, we really were that bad and Hearts were strolling it and looking like they could score again anytime then..... O'Deas goal out the blue and the injury to Cowie, we seemed to fight and scrap more, got a few more breaks of the ball and found some belief..... wether we dragged Hearts down to our level or we improved they definitely looked nervy and we began to create and looked the more dangerous team. Felt after the third we sat deep again and Hearts upped the ante but as I said, fine lines.....delighted with the three points but for a large chunk of the game we were very poor and the natives were definitely restless

Well a pleasant winning feeling. Particularly as the Jambos should have been out of sight at half time. Two wonderful saves from Bain kept us in the game. We were stretched all over the place and it looked very ominous. Tremendous movement from the Edinburgh boys in the horrific strip.

Yet... football matches can change. And this one did. Cracking finishing from O'Dea, Gowser and then Haber, the last one being particularly sweet so late in the game.

Hartley changed the first half formation moving ODea a bit forward of the back line and that steadied the ship, only for it to be holed with the second Hearts' goal. Gowser seemed to make a difference as well. Then I thought that the Hearts back line was very nervous and we ran into their faces. Dark Blue goals 1 and 2 were catastrophic defensive gaffes.

Nevertheless as pleasant as a win is, Dundee's passing was not even as good as cold pish in the first half, and just about warm pish in the second half. That's a worry.
And oh for a wee bit of composure from Craig Wighton, as his skill set is sufficiently clear to score from balls that have no pace - scissor kick laddie! He could have done the same at Celtic last week.
Anyway ho ho Pie and Bovrilers- Merry Xmas.

Matt Lockwood was the first player I ever noticed that went round the whole home support (Or to the away section if we were playing away) and clapped the fans win, lose or draw, whether we were pumped off United and booed off the park or winning the Championship.

Here's a debatable question - Did Gomis decide he didn't fancy it again during a midweek game? (Mind County) Or did Hartley tear into him at HT and hook him? Julen put in a big performance by the way in the 2nd half. We looked much more resolute when he came on. He was firmly my last choice centre half, but based on tonight he's jumped ahead of Gomis in the pecking order for me.

Anyone catch Gomis going mental at Kerr in the first half? Thought Kerr was going to be knocked out for a second!

Just my opinion but i have a strong feeling that there was a big bust up in the changing room at half time and Gomis was in the middle of it. He lost it at Cammy Kerr about 5 mins before half time and didn't come out at all in the second half - wasn't even on the bench. So i wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him at least for a while.

This could also be way off the mark.

Agree re Gadz and O'dea love seeing boys who clearly care about the club (Scott Bain could learn from them).

When is Gadz contracted until? Sure I read he is one of the lowest earners at club. Think it's time for that to rectified and give him a 2 year deal on a wage that reflects how important he has become to the team.

Agree re Gadz and O'dea love seeing boys who clearly care about the club (Scott Bain could learn from them).

When is Gadz contracted until? Sure I read he is one of the lowest earners at club. Think it's time for that to rectified and give him a 2 year deal on a wage that reflects how important he has become to the team.

Till the end of the season. Heard the same about his wages but no idea if that's just rumour or what. That being said, footballers, even at this level go about in swanky cars. I seen at Gadzhalov at Asda a few weeks back in a 14 year old Mazda wagon that had more rust than silver colouring on it. I noticed his car before I noticed who it was and I wouldn't have looked at the driver if it wasn't for me spotting the rust bucket. [emoji38]

Definitely agree. He's became an integral part of the squad. I remember his first few games and he was brutal. What a difference in his game since he's learned English.

Hartley identified Smith as the weak link and once the pressure was on him he crumbled. 

Dundee will be fine but they would be foolish to chase Hartley out. He is a very decent manager and you have to wonder what the alternative is? From the outside it looks like you have lost your best players and the last few months have been trying to adapt to that. Tough for any club.

What's the problem with Bain? From what I gather he made two utterly crucial saves and got mildly pissed off at fans behind him tearing into the team. So what? Football fans can be absolute arseholes in the face of mild adversity, and we're no different. I don't really blame Bain at all if he's turned round and told a few of them to shut the f*** up. 

What's the problem with Bain? From what I gather he made two utterly crucial saves and got mildly pissed off at fans behind him tearing into the team. So what? Football fans can be absolute arseholes in the face of mild adversity, and we're no different. I don't really blame Bain at all if he's turned round and told a few of them to shut the f*** up. 

Crucial but not world class saves. ETA: That's not meant as a dig, more meaning that if he had let them in I'd have been disappointed. He also nearly done a Davie Mitchell at 2-2 as well. Safe to say I about needed a new pair of trousers.

I'd be a bit more accepting of it if this didn't occur at some point pretty much every game.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Crucial but not world class saves.

I'd be a bit more accepting of it if this didn't occur at some point pretty much every game.

Crucial is good enough :lol:

I can't be arsed with this perception that supporters are somehow sacrosanct and should have free reign to spend 90 minutes dishing out dogs abuse to certain players but become absolute fucking MOPEs if a player has the temerity to tell them to do one. 

Crucial is good enough :lol:
I can't be arsed with this perception that supporters are somehow sacrosanct and should have free reign to spend 90 minutes dishing out dogs abuse to certain players but become absolute fucking MOPEs if a player has the temerity to tell them to do one. 

I agree that booing isn't the answer but wouldn't hurt him to remember who pays his wages

1 hour ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Dont sack Cathro
Please dont sack Cathro
I just dont think hes going to work
Hes Craig Leveins man
knows every Jambo fan
Please dont, please dont sack Cathro

Oh, my word  

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Albert Kidd made your dad cry m9

You left your dad to get a kicking, m9

Archived