We've hit another poor patch so probably not a good game to come along. Although by all accounts we did not bad in the second half on Saturday.

Partick managed to pick up a point at Tynecastle, so a win might not be entirely out of the question. But a draw wouldn't be an altogether bad result either.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

At this rate, never want to see Sammon in a hearts jersey ever again. Confidence will be low after last week so will be interesting to see how Cathro sets up- especially midfield.

Score draw.

Stick Sammon on the bench and leave him there - work with Johnsen, Muirhead, and Watt for the moment.

Reckon Smith will continue at LB for the next few games in preparation for him replacing Paterson in January.

Buaben was rumoured to have been subbed due to injury on Saturday - who knows?

Hamilton

Paterson - Souttar - Rossi - Smith

Walker - Cowie - Kitchen - Muirhead

Djoum

Johnsen

Subs: Noring, Ozturk,Buaben, Watt, Sammon, Rherras, Nowack

In the event of having to take Johnsen off, Muirhead through the middle with Watt wide.

If we have to replace a winger, I'd rather push Paterson to right-mid than play any of our four central midfielders wide.

Stick Sammon on the bench and leave him there - work with Johnsen, Muirhead, and Watt for the moment.
Reckon Smith will continue at LB for the next few games in preparation for him replacing Paterson in January.
Buaben was rumoured to have been subbed due to injury on Saturday - who knows?
Hamilton
Paterson - Souttar - Rossi - Smith
Walker - Cowie - Kitchen - Muirhead
Djoum
Johnsen
Subs: Noring, Ozturk,Buaben, Watt, Sammon, Rherras, Nowack
In the event of having to take Johnsen off, Muirhead through the middle with Watt wide.
If we have to replace a winger, I'd rather push Paterson to right-mid than play any of our four central midfielders wide.

Aye, some good shouts. We really are going to miss Paterson when he goes.

Bit controversial, but if we had more options in midfield I'd rather play Cowie sitting in as he's a better footballer IMO. Don't get me wrong, he's good at what he does but Kitchen strikes me as the type of player we're not going to need for every game as his forward play is minimal. ( fresh air volleys m80) I know the defence needs the extra protection just now but if were wanting to take the game to other teams, he's not really that guy.

This is just conjecture obviously but I wouldn't miss him if someone came In with an offer in January and we tried to replace him.

I also ken he's captain America but that means f**k all, look at Ozturk! Shite tshirt anaw.

11 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Aye, some good shouts. We really are going to miss Paterson when he goes.

Bit controversial, but if we had more options in midfield I'd rather play Cowie sitting in as he's a better footballer IMO. Don't get me wrong, he's good at what he does but Kitchen strikes me as the type of player we're not going to need for every game as his forward play is minimal. ( fresh air volleys m80) I know the defence needs the extra protection just now but if were wanting to take the game to other teams, he's not really that guy.

This is just conjecture obviously but I wouldn't miss him if someone came In with an offer in January and we tried to replace him.

I also ken he's captain America but that means f**k all, look at Ozturk! Shite tshirt anaw.

Aye, I imagine Levein is hoping to cash in on Kitchen, but he doesn't offer much in an attacking sense - apart from playing Paterson in for a late equalizer in some recent away game or other - I think Cowie might be better in there too, but who do you partner him with? Djoum is arguably more effective playing in the 'number 10' role rather than the 'number 8' role he was more used to in the past.  So Cowie and...Buaben? Prince was no' bad on Saturday, mind.

I just can't see us dropping the captain again  - his fresh-air volley attempt on Saturday notwithstanding - he had plenty of time to take a touch anaw!

Think Cathro (and Levein) will want to develop Smith - if he's not up to it straight away, I have a hunch that Rherras might be better at RB  than he's been at LB - I'm not even convinced he's a full-back - maybe he's a goalie!  That would mean Rossi or Oshaniwa at LB!

The other option is to sign some tried-and-tested players rather Levein's pig-in-a-poke signings.

I'm playing guessing games as usual - who the hell knows, eh?

Aye, I imagine Levein is hoping to cash in on Kitchen, but he doesn't offer much in an attacking sense - apart from playing Paterson in for a late equalizer in some recent away game or other - I think Cowie might be better in there too, but who do you partner him with? Djoum is arguably more effective playing in the 'number 10' role rather than the 'number 8' role he was more used to in the past.  So Cowie and...Buaben? Prince was no' bad on Saturday, mind.
I just can't see us dropping the captain again  - his fresh-air volley attempt on Saturday notwithstanding - he had plenty of time to take a touch anaw!
Think Cathro (and Levein) will want to develop Smith - if he's not up to it straight away, I have a hunch that Rherras might be better at RB  than he's been at LB - I'm not even convinced he's a full-back - maybe he's a goalie!  That would mean Rossi or Oshaniwa at LB!
The other option is to sign some tried-and-tested players rather Levein's pig-in-a-poke signings.
I'm playing guessing games as usual - who the hell knows, eh?

Doesnae say much for us when the choices are prince or kitchen! But then at least they are in their natural positions and as you say, Buabeny was alright on Saturday.

I think going forward that Cathro will expect his players to switch positions throughout the match and isn't one for rigid formations. Now that's going to take time, and as seen last week Herts fans aren't known for their patience! [emoji1] personally, I'm no expecting much from this season as I'm hoping that we will build momentum for 2017-18. Doing something (anything FFS ) in the cup would be good though.

Hopefully, Cathro and Levein will have an idea of who they want to replace and we'll see some action
next month. Regarding the full backs, out of the 3 that will be left, I'm no really sure who'd I go with. Obviously, Smith needs the experience, but as Oshaniwa is probably on a healthy wedge, I was kind of hoping that a new manager would give him a kick up the arse. Not totally convinced wi Rherras yet, sometimes he gives up to easily, but I'm sure I read it somewhere that in Morrocco you're just expected to play on either side if
you're a full back, so maybe that's another reason he was picked, versatility over ability.

Anyway, hope we pump these Dundee c***s now. Cheers

49 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I think going forward that Cathro will expect his players to switch positions throughout the match and isn't one for rigid formations.

Just on this - I think we saw a bit of this in the first half on Saturday - one example was left-back Smith twice appearing wide right - put in a great cross for big Bjorn's goal from there. Other players were interchanging too, but Smith was the most obvious example.

Anyway, to sum up, Morrisey is a c**t.

Archived