Headphones - wireless or wired

Looking at buying a new decent set of headphones with budget of around £200.

Just looking for anyone views, experiences with wireless headphones. Do they have good sound quality or is better sticking with the old tried and tested wired ones.

Do have a Bluetooth speaker and the sound quality is good but just wondering if these wireless headphones suffer issues when used for exercise

I was pondering this very question on my way to work this morning.

I've always been a wired man but I'm getting fed up with wires giving out near the connector. My current set (6 month old Philips M1 Fidelio's) are doing the crackly thing if you touch anywhere near the jack so will probably go soon, luckily the cable is replaceable but it's bound to happen again.

For the first time I'm seriously considering going wireless but it means yet another thing that will need charged plus I've always thought the sound quality would suffer.

I got a cheap pair of Bluedio wireless (between $20 - $30 off of the Amazon) to test them out. I've been really impressed with the sound quality and they hold their battery for ages. Also, they have an FM radio built-in. And yes, there's a 3.5mm jack so you can go wired if you want to.

Edited by MSU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluedio-Turbine-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00Q30A1RI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482170301&sr=8-1&keywords=bluedio+wireless+earphones

These are pretty cheap and cheerful. Full charge lasts for 20+ hours. Connects easy enough to phone/tablet/pc. They aren't the best looking but you get a good sound off them and they keep your ears warm in the winter. Not the comfiest for wearing in bed though.

2 hours ago, MSU said:

I got a cheap pair of Bluedio wireless (between $20 - $30 off of the Amazon) to test them out. I've been really impressed with the sound quality and they hold their battery for ages. Also, they have an FM radio built-in. And yes, there's a 3.5mm jack so you can go wired if you want to.

Just noticed your post there. Can't go wrong with these if you are on a tight budget.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Just noticed your post there. Can't go wrong with these if you are on a tight budget.

Yep -- they're great. Like I said, I got them just to test out wireless before investing more money in a "serious" pair. I haven't bothered, though. Quite happy with the Bluedio. Also, they seem to be reasonably rainproof. And they *do* keep the old lugs warm!

• 2 weeks later...
Yep -- they're great. Like I said, I got them just to test out wireless before investing more money in a "serious" pair. I haven't bothered, though. Quite happy with the Bluedio. Also, they seem to be reasonably rainproof. And they *do* keep the old lugs warm!

Typical after me raving about them they have suddenly stopped charging. Tried a few different cables and they're still not charging. Charged up my ps4 controllers fine so it's not the cables.

Only get this set in August though so they are still under warranty.

Got Skullcandy Hesh with replaceable cable.  

Got a couple spare as they are only 1.50 or something.  

Headphones were only a tenner too cause the design is a bit shit. The sound is ideal for my job though so no fucks given. 

Skullcandy_S6HSDZ_058_HESH_2_0_Headphone

I got some wirless gaming headphones for Christmas.

The quality if fine, not discernibly different to the ones I had before, although there is a low hiss/hum when theres no noise, which will be interference from something just havent worked out what.

The issue with them, so far, is that the charge doesnt last very long

Depends on what you want them for.

For home listening the obvious choice would be a pair of Grado headphones.  The 325e would hit you for £250 from Richer Sounds. I can't see anywhere selling the 225s but the 125s are around for about £150. Grado headphones sound fantastic but they have one major drawback - they're open-backed. Sound will bleed from the back of the headphones so they're only really an option for listening at home.

I'm taking my AKG Y50s with me to Germany. Absolutely no complaints with them for listening on the go and you can get them for £50.

If you're not going to be listening to the best of source material then you won't get much benefit from going crazy with headphone costs. No point spunking £200 on headphones to listen to mp3 files. They won't perform any better than a pair of £50 headphones. The source rather than the headphones would be the limiting factor.

• 3 years later...