Old photos of your club

Here's a picture of a match at Cappielow, I think circa 1963. Allan McGraw running in after a goal by Jimmy Wilson (with his arms in the air) Its before the Wee Dublin End was enlarged and benched.  Note the crowd! Also the playing surface has improved somewhat since then!

Trivia quiz - can anyone identify the team we are playing?

JS48964126.jpg

Edited by Tonsilitis

5 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

Here's a picture of a match at Cappielow, I think circa 1963. Allan McGraw running in after a goal by Jimmy Wilson (with his arms in the air) Its before the Wee Dublin End was enlarged and benched.  Note the crowd! Also the playing surface has improved somewhat since then!

JS48964126.jpg

Is the opposition player Mike Jackson. Looks a bit like him. If so it`s probably St Johnstone. He didn`t join us until 1967 or so.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

1cd084ea3986e84fdbb553c06341e597.jpg

Wow this one takes me back. My old school is just out of shot and all the wee nooks and crannies that I used to get up to no good in when I was a nipper including the wee play park at the back of the Shed.

Any idea of the year of that?

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I miss Brockville so fucking much. Quite honestly in terms of my football following career, have never really got over us leaving there. Its been such a long time and yet its never ever been the same.

I feel exactly the same about Boghead bairnardo.

It was a shitheap, but it was OUR shitheap.

27 minutes ago, Tonsilitis said:

JS48964126.jpg

Is it Third Lanark?

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I miss Brockville so fucking much. Quite honestly in terms of my football following career, have never really got over us leaving there. Its been such a long time and yet its never ever been the same.

Your not alone, Boghead was allowed to go to ruin sadly.

Where we are now is a lovely location but completely soulless. Like a morgue these days

This is Somerset Park in around 1980.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRIuSyIqUoA

We've had a stand extension, a hospitality building, a segregation fence new floodlights, new crash barriers, three new roofs, gates in the wall, some of the enclosure demolished for Bill Barr's greenhouse, a few licks of paint and that is about it since that film.

here is the old east terracing at the recs F knows when but looks like the 90's

used to stand here at all games back in the day and prefferred it to the "gazebo wi seats " they have there now , not allowed there now as it is for away fans only...they are welcome to it ! stole the pic BTW...sorry :)

Copy (3) of scan0002.jpg

Edited by whereismillar

52 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Dundee?

46 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Is it Third Lanark?

43 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Third Lanark ?

Edit to add LW beat me to it.

Sorry guys, no!  To put you out your misery- it's Montrose.  Compare and contrast the crowd for this sort of match then and now!