Old photos of your club

I would have thought that the cowshed at cappielow was much bigger than the terrace behind the goal at palmerston.

It's the largest area of covered terracing in Scotland with a capacity of 3,345. The East Stand has 2,192 seats and the main stand has 1,182 plus standing terraces front and left. Terregles Street terracing obtained a safety certificate just over two years ago for 1,968. Full capacity is now 8,690 with 3,377 seats.

22 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

It's the largest area of covered terracing in Scotland with a capacity of 3,345. The East Stand has 2,192 seats and the main stand has 1,182 plus standing terraces front and left. Terregles Street terracing obtained a safety certificate just over two years ago for 1,968. Full capacity is now 8,690 with 3,377 seats.

Cant find a full breakdown of cappielows capacity per side only a total of 11589 spectators and of that 5741 seats. I would think its roughly

Main stand 1300 seats

Sinclar st 1800

Dublin end 3750 bench seats

Cowshed 4750 of which 700 odd seats

Leaves standing for just over 4000 

Love Street

Image result for love street stadium

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/image/spw019488 source for this pic says it was taken in 1927. 

Image result for love street stadium

Love St before it went all seated.

Image result for st mirren 1926

Can't have old photos and not include a picture with Fergie in it so here he is with a shit load of trophies and superb players.

2 hours ago, Gmfc 23 said:

I would have thought that the cowshed at cappielow was much bigger than the terrace behind the goal at palmerston.

I believe it's actually the largest terraced "end" in Scotland. I would guess the Cowshed is probably bigger, though it is partially seated now isn't it?

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

1950sa.jpg

1957.jpg

1cd084ea3986e84fdbb553c06341e597.jpg

The pitch frozen solid...

TannadiceIce.jpg

Finishing with the greatest picture of the Jerry Kerr stand that you will ever see...

1960s.jpg

I remember standing on the terrace behind the goal looking at the allotments at the back. Would have been early to mid 70's I would think. Is that not the Jerry Kerr stand now?

32 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I remember standing on the terrace behind the goal looking at the allotments at the back. Would have been early to mid 70's I would think. Is that not the Jerry Kerr stand now?

Eddie Thompson stand is the one closest behind the goal (next to the allotments), the Shed is at the opposite end. George Fox is at the road you can see in the image, with the Jerry Kerr and the Fair Play opposite.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Sat in the Jerry Kerr earlier this season, 2-1 game.

Great view

It really is. The Jerry Kerr gets a great deal of stick due to its 'rats warren' layout, ageing interior and tight legroom but for an actual view it is great of you are towards the centre circle half way up.

11 minutes ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Remember standing in the old Brockville behind the goals during our first division campaign of 98/99. 

What's been built on top of the old ground? 

A Morrisons, who named the store 'Brockville Park'.

They have large photo's of Stainrod & Crunchie and others as well as one of the old ground as well.