Old photos of your club

23 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

Athletics being ran at Cappielow in 1893. Not exactly sure where in the ground this is but I'll take a guess at the Cowshed/Wee Dublin End corner.

Cappielow1893.png

That's a really atmospheric shot, with the big sailing ship in the background. A long gone world.

1 hour ago, RUSTY1111 said:

I don't think Queens have ever thought of moving away from Palmerston but revamping the two ends behind both goals with modern stands and the main stand needs rebuilt also.

That would be fucking atrocious. 

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Yeah. North of the town centre,  Miller Street, just off Round Riding Road. A very residential area.

As I recall you got off the train then had to walk through a wee park.

A quaint ground that we didn't do well at!

1 hour ago, RUSTY1111 said:

I don't think Queens have ever thought of moving away from Palmerston but revamping the two ends behind both goals with modern stands and the main stand needs rebuilt also.

I hope they don't, love the Portland drive terracing. They don't need a stand there.

1 minute ago, WILLIEA said:

As I recall you got off the train then had to walk through a wee park.

A quaint ground that we didn't do well at!

Aye, you'd cut across Dumbarton Common & up to Boghead, away Supporters' coaches would usually park around it on matchday,  local Amateur sides use 'the Common' for their home games. 

3 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

And countless others, including your own IIRC...or did I dream that

It's still a touchy subject and will derail this thread if the arguments about Ayr's failed stadium attempts are allowed to happen.

You dreamt it. Barr Construction never did anything at Palmerston. The currently named Rosefield Salvage Stand was built by Robison & Davidson in the early 90's.