Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

Hope they make an early decision.

Bus leaves Dumbarton at 10:00. I know that there's always a danger with early inspections that the game would be playable at kick-off but given how bad the weather is and that it's Christmas Eve, an inspection around 9:00 would give people plenty of notice before heading out to the match.

Rained plenty yesterday and it doesnt look like it's going to let up today. If it's wet overnight then I wouldn't be confident about the game at all.

I think it's more down to the wind to be honest - I mean Ayr is blustery at the best of times, but being smashed with a hurricane could make it Arbroath-esque.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high wind warning is in force until 6:00 tomorrow morning. I'm dreading driving to Braehead tonight if there's a risk of the Erskine Bridge being shut.

I think the wind has to ease off throughout the day tomorrow. My concern was a waterlogged park. The worst thing would be for fans to travel. for the game to start and for the ref to deem the game unplayable, but thats possibly a tough decision to make early morning if it's solely down to the wind.

24 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The high wind warning is in force until 6:00 tomorrow morning. I'm dreading driving to Braehead tonight if there's a risk of the Erskine Bridge being shut.

I think the wind has to ease off throughout the day tomorrow. My concern was a waterlogged park. The worst thing would be for fans to travel. for the game to start and for the ref to deem the game unplayable, but thats possibly a tough decision to make early morning if it's solely down to the wind.

It definitely won't be called off due to the rain. However we had a game called off last season when the wind wasn't remotely as bad as its forecast to be tomorrow. 

26 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Ayrshire soil's really sandy though, doesn't get that waterlogged.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

Earlier kick off was a must. Public transport shuts down early on Christmas Eve. It also means I'll be home in time for Muppets Christmas Carol.

How early we talking here?  Surely folk leaving Ayr at 5pm will make it back to Glasgow/Dumbarton?

Watch the muppets on Boxing Day.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

How early we talking here?  Surely folk leaving Ayr at 5pm will make it back to Glasgow/Dumbarton?

Watch the muppets on Boxing Day.

Muppets on Boxing Day? Travesty.

Thats meddling with forces that are far beyond the knowledge of man.

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We aren't even opening the terracing for Dumbarton tomorrow. Diddys 

So can we move about then.... 

Would be a decent advantage, particularly with the weather as I don't imagine many will stay on the north terrace. 

Archived