• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scalping big teams is just a regular occurrence for us these days.
Probably about 150 there from us, I've heard a lot of folk using "it's Christmas Eve" as some sort of valid excuse for not attending. I don't really understand this as the Lord, our Saviour, will be wearing Dumbartons' number 9 shirt on Saturday, if he can make it everyone else should.

Our Flembot who art in D'ton, hallowed be thy name

Looking at the fixtures, we play St Mirren once and Dumbarton twice in the next 8 league games along with Dunfemline and QOTS, a team could be all but relegated come the end of February. So picking up at least four points from the next three games is a bare minimum. 

Must win. If we do 20 points and at least eighth at Christmas won't be a bad return. Another Alan Forrest hat trick and an Alan Martin howler would be an excellent Christmas present. But I reckon that was Dumbarton's low point for the season, in that game. We're due a win but if we lose Michael Portillo could be appearing on our threads.

Prediction 2-1 

12 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Must win. If we do 20 points and at least eighth at Christmas won't be a bad return. Another Alan Forrest hat trick and an Alan Martin howler would be an excellent Christmas present. But I reckon that was Dumbarton's low point for the season, in that game. We're due a win but if we lose Michael Portillo could be appearing on our threads.

Prediction 2-1 

We all thought that was our low point and then Bonnyrigg pumped us out the cup.  That seems to have given everyone the kick up the arse they needed though, thankfully.

Just now, The Moonster said:

We all thought that was our low point and then Bonnyrigg pumped us out the cup.  That seems to have given everyone the kick up the arse they needed though, thankfully.

Forgot about Bonnyrigg. Saturday was certainly an outstanding result. Doubt anyone realistically saw it coming. If nothing else hopefully a decent game this Saturday.

Archived