• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Absolutely.

Since the humiliation of Bonnyrigg we seem to have bounced back.

You guys went to Easter Road & won earlier this season, we've even beaten Dundee United & last week Falkirk. Consistency is the key, easier said than done though.

I said it a month ago on a Pars thread, I honestly feel that any team that can get 6/7 points from 9 is capable of going on a good run almost solely down to confidence, today we looked very comfortable in the last 20 minutes when we were in your half but we looked relegation fodder when you went near our box, not really surprising for a team desperate for a win.

I'm not as disrespectful(Derek's just reeling them in) as some to suggest you're shite blah blah blah, the relegation this season will be decided by who rolls up the sleeves the farthest not how good they are on paper or if they're full/part time, It wouldn't even surprise me if one of Morton/Raith/Falkirk (least likely 1st) got sucked into the battle in a similar fashion to Hibs' relegation season.

The penalty actually looks even softer in the highlights than I thought it was at the time. Fleming had an absolutely nightmare with high balls all game - I know it was very windy but he didn't command his area for either corner, or Berba's header. Nothing he could do about Harvie's to be fair.

That run and ball from Cairney for the 2nd is wonderful.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The penalty actually looks even softer in the highlights than I thought it was at the time. Fleming had an absolutely nightmare with high balls all game - I know it was very windy but he didn't command his area for either corner, or Berba's header. Nothing he could do about Harvie's to be fair.

It was soft but a definite penalty nonetheless, I think the new directive is shite if that's a red every time, I want to see good football but I don't want to watch 10v11 most weeks due to fouls like that.

Wasn't the lad booked earlier anyway? Would certainly have been a booking at least and a definite penalty.

Can only echo the comments on the footage - an excellent highlights package which was infinitely better than Sportscene could produce even with the budget they have.

Wasn't the lad booked earlier anyway? Would certainly have been a booking at least and a definite penalty.

Can only echo the comments on the footage - an excellent highlights package which was infinitely better than Sportscene could produce even with the budget they have.

He wasn't on a booking.

Having watched it back I'm even more astounded he gave the red. Absolutely criminal that a referee at this level does not know about a fairly substantial recent rule change. If he does know about it then he's clearly misunderstood it.

12 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Just watched the highlights there. Did a Dumbarton fan taken a cutlery drawer to the game to shoogle about at various moments of excitement or something?

There are a group of fans who bring tamborines and various noisy implements to smack when Dumbarton get over the half way line. 

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Completely agree. It was a pen but certainly didn't like intentional in terms of it being a red. Fleming has been great for us but that's embarrassing. The ball is right in front of his face. 

Cairney had two assists, won the penalty and scored, great performance. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Completely agree. It was a pen but certainly didn't like intentional in terms of it being a red. Fleming has been great for us but that's embarrassing. The ball is right in front of his face. 

Cairney had two assists, won the penalty and scored, great performance. 

Still didn't get motm, bamboozled.

Archived