• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Listen, we were and still are favourites for relegation.

We are the team that has just come up and is completely part time.

The teams around us are either full time or have established themselves in this division.

If we make 9th, it's a result, anything more than that is miraculous.

Dumbarton have shipped 7 goals to us and 4 points so far this season so nothing to fear there.

Enough of this shite every week, please. There would be nothing miraculous about Ayr finishing 8th in this division and it is well within the capabilities of the squad to do so.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I love how Ayr fans view 8th place as some sort of failure :lol: know your place you fuckin minters

Who has said that? 

Don't know a single person who wouldn't be ecstatic about finishing 8th. 

ETA anyone ask Devlin after the game how long he will be out for....

33 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Enough of this shite every week, please. There would be nothing miraculous about Ayr finishing 8th in this division and it is well within the capabilities of the squad to do so.

100% this. 

McCall said as much after today's game.

Who has said that? 
Don't know a single person who wouldn't be ecstatic about finishing 8th. 
ETA anyone ask Devlin after the game how long he will be out for....

3-4 weeks, however we don't have a good record of accurately estimating these things...

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Replace Dumbarton with Ayr and you have our reasoning for the first match between these sides. There's f**k all between the bottom 5 at the moment IMO and any momentum is welcome. That feels like a win for us today.

Totally agree and some of the others aren't exactly unwinnable games IMHO.

25 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Totally agree and some of the others aren't exactly unwinnable games IMHO.

Absolutely.

Since the humiliation of Bonnyrigg we seem to have bounced back.

You guys went to Easter Road & won earlier this season, we've even beaten Dundee United & last week Falkirk. Consistency is the key, easier said than done though.

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Listen, we were and still are favourites for relegation.

We are the team that has just come up and is completely part time.

The teams around us are either full time or have established themselves in this division.

If we make 9th, it's a result, anything more than that is miraculous.

Dumbarton have shipped 7 goals to us and 4 points so far this season so nothing to fear there.

Shut up, eh?

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I love how Ayr fans view 8th place as some sort of failure :lol: know your place you fuckin minters

Literally no one has said that, you complete minter.

The Dumbarton fans have been very quick to use the "seething" patter when anyone has pointed out that, despite a commendable comeback earlier, their team aren't particularly great either. Said patter loses it's effectiveness when it's so overused.

I thought some of our goals and chances showed how good our attacking play can be at times however the defence let us down badly. I'm gonna be a bit biased here (and I don't see Dumbarton every week, obviously) but I felt that our general play and talent on display was better than Dumbarton's, however they were smarter and knew how to use the conditions to their advantage, and it was incredibly frustrating that we didn't do similar.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Shut up, eh?

Literally no one has said that, you complete minter.

The Dumbarton fans have been very quick to use the "seething" patter when anyone has pointed out that, despite a commendable comeback earlier, their team aren't particularly great either. Said patter loses it's effectiveness when it's so overused.

I thought some of our goals and chances showed how good our attacking play can be at times however the defence let us down badly. I'm gonna be a bit biased here (and I don't see Dumbarton every week, obviously) but I felt that our general play and talent on display was better than Dumbarton's, however they were smarter and knew how to use the conditions to their advantage, and it was incredibly frustrating that we didn't do similar.

:lol: merry christmas

Ya quivering mess

Archived