7 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I wasn't there so can't comment on who was superior, but whatever way you want to dress it up, we 'broke through' your defence four times today, as you did ours. Strange comment to make in all honesty.

No you didn't, all your goals came from crosses, 3 wind assisted corners and a wind assisted cross that went all the way in. I was talking about breaking us open from open play, which you didn't.

ETA - maybe not so much the first goal for Dumbarton, not sure how much the wind played a part in that, but the other 3 it did.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

No you didn't, all your goals came from crosses, 3 wind assisted corners and a wind assisted cross that went all the way in. I was talking about breaking us open from open play, which you didn't.

ETA - maybe not so much the first goal for Dumbarton, not sure how much the wind played a part in that, but the other 3 it did.

To be fair you could equally say that Ayr scored from a wind assisted corner, contentious penalty and long throw. 1-1 would've been an awful lot duller though.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

To be fair you could equally say that Ayr scored from a wind assisted corner, contentious penalty and long throw. 1-1 would've been an awful lot duller though.

Our second goal was beautiful so we'll just take the 3 points thanks.

Fair enough if you want to class that as your defence not being broken through. For me if we concede four goals, our defence has been broken, almost no matter the manner of the goals.

If we conceded four goals every week from as you describe 'wind assisted corners' and a 'wind assisted cross' I'd still be asking questions of the defence.

But no matter, sounds like it was a good contest in difficult conditions and point sounds like it's accepted as a fair result. Good point for us considering we were 2-0 down and a man down on occasion.

I'd need to see the highlights but I thought the 2nd Dumbarton goal was virtually unsaveable and I thought Fleming had about 4 players pushing into him for the 3rd.

Overall it was a decent enough game score wise and Dumbarton thoroughly deserved a point, they showed us how to put corners in under those conditions, even the 4th looked very hard to defend from where I was at the corner flag.

I think we're going to rue these leads we're throwing away.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ayr fans should bow to their superiors and stop being bitter, seething diddies.

You have beaten us once in a decade.  :lol:

Archived