• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had a hard run recently, (not that there's ever a particularly easy run in this league) the better sides at home whilst facing the lower placed sides away. 

Think we will get that elusive first win in eight (league games) 

Imagine Stevo will be on the bench. 

I'm very much looking forward to this. I left the game on Saturday with a sense of belief for the first time since, I think, April after we beat St Mirren. It was our best performance under Aitken for some time and, as Wilf said, it was almost Ian Murray in the glory years-esque the way we dug in, and did some attacking. This will prove if it was just another positive blip - a la St Mirren - or if it was (finally) the start of an improvement.

If we attack and get the ball on the ground then this could be a pretty entertaining, end to end game which I could see us winning 3-2 or something like that. If we switch back to stand offish hoofball then 2-0 Ayr.

This time last week I would have said a win is absolutely needed here, now I think I'd be happy with a point but we should be confident.  Don't see any reason to change the team that played on Saturday unless we're forced to and if we play like we did in the second half then I'll be happy.  

Here's hoping Garry Fleming's got another winner in him.

Always look forward to the footie this time of year, just wish we could pull away from the bottom to give us a bit of breathing space.]

Although, you`ve got to say, if someone had said that we would be level on points with St.Mirren and Dunfermline at this point, I would have grabbed it!

Exciting games ahead.  Over the past few seasons I`ve looked at some of the results in this league and couldn`t believe them - like us beating Hibs away and Dumbarton beating Falkirk last week.  On the day I suppose anyone can beat anyone else and it seems to be all about `runs`.

We`ve had a good one then been on a bit of a shitter.

I`m sure that it will be a good game on Saturday - I`ll take a beating as long as we finish 8th.

think they`ll be much of a crowd down from the Rock?

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm very much looking forward to this. I left the game on Saturday with a sense of belief for the first time since, I think, April after we beat St Mirren. It was our best performance under Aitken for some time and, as Wilf said, it was almost Ian Murray in the glory years-esque the way we dug in, and did some attacking. This will prove if it was just another positive blip - a la St Mirren - or if it was (finally) the start of an improvement.

If we attack and get the ball on the ground then this could be a pretty entertaining, end to end game which I could see us winning 3-2 or something like that. If we switch back to stand offish hoofball then 2-0 Ayr.

Magine we scored 2, what a minter that would be.  

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Always look forward to the footie this time of year, just wish we could pull away from the bottom to give us a bit of breathing space.]

Although, you`ve got to say, if someone had said that we would be level on points with St.Mirren and Dunfermline at this point, I would have grabbed it!

Exciting games ahead.  Over the past few seasons I`ve looked at some of the results in this league and couldn`t believe them - like us beating Hibs away and Dumbarton beating Falkirk last week.  On the day I suppose anyone can beat anyone else and it seems to be all about `runs`.

We`ve had a good one then been on a bit of a shitter.

I`m sure that it will be a good game on Saturday - I`ll take a beating as long as we finish 8th.

think they`ll be much of a crowd down from the Rock?

Scalping big teams is just a regular occurrence for us these days.

Probably about 150 there from us, I've heard a lot of folk using "it's Christmas Eve" as some sort of valid excuse for not attending. I don't really understand this as the Lord, our Saviour, will be wearing Dumbartons' number 9 shirt on Saturday, if he can make it everyone else should.

Scalping big teams is just a regular occurrence for us these days.
Probably about 150 there from us, I've heard a lot of folk using "it's Christmas Eve" as some sort of valid excuse for not attending. I don't really understand this as the Lord, our Saviour, will be wearing Dumbartons' number 9 shirt on Saturday, if he can make it everyone else should.

I am very confused now, the Lord, our Saviour will be wearing the number 1 shirt for Ayr United.

Jesus Saves.

Archived